Our client, a leader in building solutions, seeks to engage and hire a Business Development Manager.
The professional will build market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and maintaining business relationships.
- Identifying and soliciting business for water projects;
- Leading in the development of technical designs, bill of quantities , preparation and submission of tender documents;
- Supervision of contracts for boreholes, piped water systems, dams and water irrigation systems, sanitation facilities and solid waste disposal systems;
- Designing water treatment plants, pump systems, stations and pipelines for collecting waste water;
- Designing sewer improvement programs;
- Technical engineering support to Sales Team aimed at generating sales volumes;
- Building capacity within the Sales Team through product training and offering;
- Technical and engineering support for the wide range of the company’s products;
- Be involved in promotion and sales efforts in: Water supply, Design and Planning, Contractors, Commercial and Distribution companies;
- Promoting the organizational culture of providing global solutions for hydraulic problems in water and wastewater networks by means of educational endeavors in water companies, design engineers and other decision makers in the field. (Presentations, seminars, brochures and technical leaflets, exhibition participation etc.);
- Counseling and supporting customers, designers and maintenance engineers in solving hydraulic problems by analysis and adapting company products accordingly;
- Counseling water and wastewater companies in optimizing their networks through company products;
- Preparing a weekly, monthly and yearly sales and marketing plan;
- Preparing monthly reports of meetings, leads, project developments and any other required information;
- Liaising with the sales teams within the company on business prospects and leads;
- Operating according to the approved budget and management instructions.
- Negotiation and Persuasion skills;
- Communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Project management;
- Business Intelligence;
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering or a related field;
- Minimum three years’ working experience in commercial sales and preferably equipment sales;
- Experience in water industry will be an added advantage;
- Able to demonstrate results from past experience in a BDM role or similar role.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php
Apply online by 5pm 5th December, 2016.