Africa Mental Health Foundation
Position Announcement: Business Development and Public Relation Officer
Number of Posts: 1
Period of engagement: 1 year
Overall Purpose of the role: To develop, evaluate, plan and implement effective public relations strategies both externally and internally, provide oversight on grants management and other developing activities, increase voice and visibility and support for AMHF.
- Establish and maintain strong media relations with local, national and international media for regular write up of activities at AMHF.
- Identify appropriate collaborative/partnership opportunities with media sources, partners, donors, communities, beneficiaries and all relevant stakeholders
- Conceptualize, design, post/update and manage all AMHF social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and blogs) and engage with users.
- Design, regular appropriate content on the Foundation’s website in consultation with the IT Executive.
- Develop and document written material, photos, audio and videos of all AMHF projects and success stories to support the Foundation’s visibility both at local and international level.
- Prepare AMHF newsletters (on quarterly basis), articles, and presentation materials.
- Promote and advance the planning and development of content and design for all branded materials required for all AMHF projects. i.e. brochures, charts, handouts, Stickers, T-shirts, pens, bags and any other materials as required.
- Provide creative and innovative ideas for potential Public Relations campaigns and activities
- Coordinating book writing and editing of various manuscripts for AMHF.
- Plan, organize and manage events, workshops, conferences, dissemination workshops that involve AMHF.
- Assist in documentation of project activities through photography and video
- Participate in drafting and proof reading of various communication messages including: reports, grant proposals and support letters.
- Plan and manage staff international travel and guest travel to AMHF/Kenya
- Manage local and international relations and review of all MOU and agreements and ensure its up to date.
- Support in managing and developing competitive proposals in response to funding opportunities, especially with respect to documentations and meeting the requirements of the call
- Maintain a database of all existing/current and potential partners, collaborators, institutions etc. and scan landscape for new collaborators.
- Seek potential grants/funders and any upcoming funding opportunities and charities.
- Identify potential grants, summarize and forward them on a weekly basis.
- Seek, Initiate and follow up contacts with all potential collaborators in Kenya and outside Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in NGO working environment
- Computer literate and proficiency in graphic design- Adobe premiere pro
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and motivated to support the Foundation mission and vision.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write and edit articles, proposals and reports
- Self driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player and ability to demonstrate problem solving approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send an application letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com and indicate BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER as the subject line.
Applications should be received by 9th December, 2016.
All qualified internal candidates should apply electronically through the HR Department.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.