Telagen Group of Companies, is seeking to employ a bar and restaurant branch manager.
Applications are invited for qualified Male candidates ONLY.
Applicants Age limit, 32 years and above
Job Title: Branch Manager - Aquarium
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Work location: Nairobi
Job role: Full time
Job Purpose: Bar and restaurant manager ensures that their Branch operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos.
The overall role is to coordinate a variety of activities based upon the size and nature of the outlet.
The manager is responsible for the business performance of the branch, as well as maintaining high standards of drinks, service, and health and safety.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplishing the bar & restaurant human resource objectives by fully participating in recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling and coaching of the staff as well as liaising with the HR office in counseling, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing job needs, planning and reviewing staff motivation plans of staff working under them.
- As a key role within the entertainment industry, the bar manager must be fast-paced in acquiring current information on what customers are looking for, what the competitors have on offer, company policies and implement measures that will always see his branch win the business of the day.
- Achieving bar & restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to improve general business performance in their outlets.
- Meet his branch financial performance set targets by forecasting requirements, preparing a monthly and annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions; Providing a monthly sales report to the Finance Manager, cc Finance Director, Operations Chief, BDD, DHR & CEO, as stipulated by the senior management.
- Work to control costs by reviewing the staff required on board, minimizing waste on utilities especially in the wash rooms as well as promote and exceed agreed KPI’s.
- To efficiently administer his branch and ensure all outlets including the barbershop and spa, butchery and the kitchen are functioning well to meet expected customer satisfaction as well as all repairs and maintenance works are done promptly without affecting the branch clientele.
- To communicate with Head office on particular guests’ requirements beyond his/her control, and maintain a close and professional working relationship with all staff.
- Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission as well as assist in ensuring that the branch complies with all statutory and legal requirements, including fire, Health and Safety, licensing etc. with all documents up to date.
- To attend meetings organized by senior management as required.
- Hold a briefing on daily basis with branch team where important events are communicated to all employees.
- Always work to ensure he has the right stock for his branch and all utilities like electricity and water are utilized and serviced accordingly in liaison with the property management office.
- To be actively involved in all branch staff-related issues and to handle them in a professional manner following the human resource company policies as well as escalating to the HR office matters worth the attention such as loss of cash, employee’s gross misconduct on duty and any unbecoming behavior.
- To undertake any other duties as and when required by Senior Management as well as helping in any area out of the outlet when circumstances dictate.
- Must have Tertiary (Post Form 4) Training in any field 2-3 years in the same or similar position
- Minimum 5 years in bar & restaurant Service
Personal skills and attributes
- A minimum of 32 years preferably a man
- Ability to network and
- Ability to manage a crowd
- Higher level initiative and creativity
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees.
Send Applications to email@example.com
The deadline for submission is 13th December, 2016.Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.