At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
Strategy and Innovations Manager
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the job holder will be responsible for business partnering to help evolve strategies and improve business performance of the divisions; facilitate decision making, planning and forecasting and drive strong governance and controls and to anchor the growth/expansion plan for the company.
· Providing strategic assistance and financial analysis support to the Managing Director in all business related matters; including preparation for various reviews, conducting reviews, as well as preparing for external-speaking assignments on strategy.
· Liaising with senior leadership (including all Direct Reports of MD for multiple policy, process and systemic changes.
· Planning, coordinating, minute strategic reviews and meetings and update the MD on status of various initiatives to ensure that deployments and implementations take place as per agreed plan.
· Working with the Divisional Heads to pro-actively prepare for the reviews and interfacing with members of senior management, presenting recommendations to drive change and performance improvement.
· Leading identified strategic projects as a program manager (design, project, manage and follow up).
· Performing business analysis; making recommendations for business transformation and other strategic initiatives; and managing approved initiatives to closure.
· Taking responsibility for the collection, collation and analysis of information, highlighting areas for improvement and Managing and executing approved business improvement and other strategic initiatives.
· Supporting best practices by scouting and standardizing market research methods for ideas and insights; strategic innovation; promoting open innovation; and introducing group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking.
· Training company personnel on key skills, and developing and applying measures to track improvements in innovation and the skills underpinning them.
· Acting as methodology expert and facilitator for the most critical innovation teams across the company, supporting them in “raising the bar” of their aspiration and training other managers to perform these roles to allow them to support innovation in business units.
· Identifying new market spaces by analyzing trends and market disruptions and searching for emerging new market opportunities.
· Setting up and running ideas generation platforms and formats for the benefit of the corporation.
· Owning and allocating a yearly budget to fund “homeless ideas” that are either too risky for the business units, or outside their existing business boundaries, which might not otherwise get funded.
· Designing resource allocation processes (portfolio, capex, budgeting) to take potentially disruptive innovations forward from the seed stage to the market.
· Providing expertise in the area of Program Management that involves; Preparing detailed milestone plans and activities, Monitoring and tracking performance to plan, Acting as the single point of contact for relevant program documentation, Preparing relevant program documentation and presentations, Providing regular status reports to Senior Management and Managing relationships with existing and new business partners
· Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of the position.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a bias in Finance or related field.
· Master’s degree from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
· At least 10 years’ experience in a similar position or equivalent.
· Knowledge of the logistics industry or any other service industry.
· Knowledge of Financial reports, budgets.
· Professional Certification in CPA or ACCA.
· Proficiency in Quality Management Systems.
Skills & Competencies
· Excellent Planning, Project Management and Organizing/Work Management Skills;
· Demonstrated Leadership capabilities and people management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability;
· Highly innovative and strategic thinker;
· High level of Integrity.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current salary on your application) to reach us on or before Wednesday 30th November 2016 by email to: email@example.com