Duma Works is recruiting an Expansion project manager for Husk in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Husk is one of the world’s leading off-grid utilities. We provide reliable power to rural communities and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources-24 hours a day, 7 days a week-at a price they can afford.
Summary of Role: Husk is seeking an experienced professional for the role of Expansion Project Manager in our East Africa Team.
This role is about executing the company’s current targets of new installations and site roll-outs as well as ensuring a smooth and efficient site selection process.
The position would be based out of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will require extensive travel to rural areas across Africa.
· Deliver the roll-out targets of new Hybrid Mini Grids.
· Manage installation of partner sites to time, quality and cost.
· Manage installation of HPS Biomass plan sales.
· Oversee an efficient and cost-effective site selection process.
Project Management of new Hybrid Mini Grids
· Be responsible for ensuring there is enough stock in TZ to deliver on installation targets (by liasing with Procurement and warehouse managers)
· Agree objectives for each project including installation time and initial customer sign up.
· Ensure health and safety is maintained at all times during the project and that HMG operators are fully trained in safe practices.
Installation Team Management
· Train and ensure continuous development of international installation team
· Ensure health and safety at all times during installation
· Set objectives and review performance of installation team along with Director of operations.
Customer and Village Stakeholder Management
· Represent Husk power and ensure Husk is represented in a favorable light to village stakeholders (including village leaders).
· Maintain and manage successful and pleasant customer relationships throughout the development and installation process until HMG sites are commissioned and handed over to
· Bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred
· 5+ years of experience managing procurement and logistics in East Africa
· Ability to motivate and keep the team focused on delivering an agreed set of targets.
· Excellent oral and writing skills, with fluency in both English and Swahili
· Ability to adapt communication style appropriately to suit a wide range of stakeholders: from field-level employees to foreign investors to government bodies
· Have a high degree of professionalism and discipline
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadline in an independent capacity.
· To be a self-starter and self-motivator, working effectively with minimal direction
· Ability to multi-task: will be juggling multiple assignments in parallel and will need to prioritize.
· Passion for rural development
· Experience in East Africa (personal or professional) TZ preferred
· Experience in utility sector, oil & gas or some type of service sector preferred
· Competitive salary
· Matching Pension Contributions
· Health insurance
Reports to: Director of Operations
Reports to you: 2 installation teams
Applications open to Tanzania nationals only. Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2516”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2516 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th November 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.