Diakonie Emergency Aid - Regional Office Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Program Coordinator - Eastern and Southern Africa
Reporting to: Regional Programs Manager
Purpose of the position: Within the context of his/her assignment the holder of the position bears responsibility for the nurturing of relationships with DKH partners.
He/she provides expert knowledge especially in the field of emergencies, relief and rehabilitation and Disaster Risk Reduction to projects and partners in their local context, while observing the standards, binding principles and valid requirements related to the strategy and framework of Eastern & Southern Africa Regional Office.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Project Management of joint, defined emergency, relief, rehabilitation project portfolio of partner organizations in Eastern & Southern Africa.
- Communication with respective partners about program implementation and management of the project.
- Accompaniment of project partners. including, assessments, proposal development and appraisal, consulting, evaluating, and impact monitoring together with the regional management team
- Networking and cooperation with strategic, development and project partners in the Eastern & Southern Africa including the ACT Alliance partners
- Team working with finance, logistics and Security, Capacity Building departments in the design, monitoring and implementations of projects.
- BA Degree in agriculture, social science, political science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant emergency and DRR related work experience
- Good Knowledge and application of Program planning, monitoring and management
To receive an application form, send an email to: email@example.com
Applications must include an application form, cover letter and a daytime telephone number
The deadline for submission 01 applications is Friday, 16th November 2016
All applications should be sent to: recruitment.ken@ diakonie-katastrophenhilfe.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.