Duma Works is recruiting a for our client Husk.Summary of Role: Husk is seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join our East Africa Team. This person should have bundles of energy and a passion for driving the business forward through smart and savvy procurement strategies; always seeking to get the best deal and ensure that procurement is a key part in helping Husk delivers its targets to time, quality and cost.
· Devise and use cost-effective and efficient sourcing strategies
· Maintain up-to-date database of suppliers
· Negotiate supply deals with external vendors to reduce procurement costs
· Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services to ensure Husk Tanzania can meet its goals
· Review, examine and test existing procurement deals and lead the re-negotiation where agreed by management
· Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness of procurement strategy
· Liaise with warehouse manager to run inventory audits and ensure there is a proper stock of equipment needed to deliver on targets
· Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
· Bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred such as supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
· 3+ years of experience as a procurement manager and in leading negotiations
· Expansive east African network of suppliers
· Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
· Excellent oral and writing skills, with fluency in both English and Swahili
· Ability to adapt communication style appropriately to suit a wide range of stakeholders: from field-level employees to foreign investors to government bodies
· Have a high degree of professionalism and discipline
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadline in an independent capacity. To be a self-starter and self-motivator, working effectively with minimal direction
· Ability to multi-task: will be juggling multiple assignments in parallel and will need to prioritize.
· Passion for rural development
· Experience in East Africa (personal or professional) TZ preferred
· Experience in utility sector, oil & gas or some type of service sector preferred
· Competitive salary
· Matching Pension Contributions
· Health insurance