Duma Works is recruiting an Operations Associate for our client, Sendy in Mombasa.
About Sendy: Sendy is an app and web platform that enables individuals and businesses to request on-demand or scheduled courier services at anytime, anyday, 24/7.
We sit at the service crossroad of Uber, Postmates and UPS, and strive to be the Uber for Packages.
Job Overview: The Operations Associate is responsible for partner recruitment and management on a day to day basis. It takes a mixture of people skills, expertise of Mombasa and grit to get the job done.
The successful candidate will be responsible for partner identification, vetting, recruitment, training, retention and engagement.
We are looking for a leader that can promote the Sendy brand, tackle many different projects, and grow Sendy into a leading regional courier business.
· Sourcing, recruiting, onboarding and training of partners on to the platform.
· Dispatching and monitoring orders real time and resolving issues in a timely manner.
· Continual training and support for existing riders on the Sendy platform.
· Monitoring standards and customer service levels, ensuring partners represent the brand well.
· Updating and maintaining partner documents to ensure they are valid at all times.
· Identifying key partner issues and offering creative and effective solutions in a timely manner.
· Issuing all partner related inventory and managing merchandise.
· Branch management and expansion.
· Monitoring partner metrics on a daily basis.
· Meeting daily and monthly targets set by management.
· Key contact to support other departments on operational issues affecting the category.
· Any other duty that may be assigned by City Manager and management.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, google docs, etc.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written English & Kiswahili.
· Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing major projects or initiatives.
· Team player.
· Good in analysis and is data driven.
· Ability to work without supervision.
· Comfortable operating in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
· Excellent people manager, with collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done.
· Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
· Background in logistics.
· Understanding and flexibility for a startup environment.
Please forward your CV and quick summary (one paragraph) on why you’re interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2520”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2520 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 18th November 2016
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.