Vacancy Announcement: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Education Development Trust, formerly CfBT Education Trust, is a not-for-for profit international education services company with over 40 years’ experience, working in more than 80 countries.
Our vision is to provide outstanding, sustainable education solutions that transform and improve the school education and life chances of children and young people worldwide.
We are a knowledge-led organisation, offering our clients education solutions informed by leading edge thinking and research, with a relentless focus on educational impact demonstrating the benefits we provide through our contracts.
Education Development Trust is looking for a qualified and suitable person as a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for an initial period of five months with a possibility of extension.
Job purpose: The M&E Specialist is responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within the project and via partners, plus providing timely and relevant information to the project management.
This entails close working and communication with all partner M&E staff and key Education Development Trust staff.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring a well-functioning M&E quality data system that provides timely management information for the project and the unit.
This requires design and set up of an appropriate M&E system, tools, approaches, data analysis and reporting processes that will provide information on the overall progress of the project on a timely basis.
This position will specifically support the design of the methodology, field data collection, analysis, and reporting and play an important role to develop a learning agenda for the project.
The learning agenda is to ensure that the project continues to build on and reassess its evidence base, effectiveness and to learn from implementation experiences.
This position will lead the development and implementation of the learning agenda and contribute to the knowledge management activities of the organization.
The incumbent will be responsible for the M&E system
· Review the existing project M&E plan and approaches with partner inputs and advise measure to strengthen evidence decision making
· Support data quality improvement process including necessary revisions of existing tools and or design of new tools and systems to ensure quality M& E data.
· Organize and provide training in M&E tools and systems for project staff on data collection, analysis, reporting including use of digital platforms for data storage and retrievals.
· Review and ensure detailed M&E targets for partners including targets for each county level.
· Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to assure data quality and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
· Help revise the project log frame matrix and milestones following key reflection moments and as informed by field experience on an annual basis and quarterly as may be necessary
· Work with the external evaluator to implement key evaluations including providing access to relevant project M&E data.
· Provide statistical computing models for measuring change/project impact including providing alternative approaches that are cost effective and context relevant.
· Prepare and share required analytical reports on progress, highlighting areas of concern including preparing documentations for TWG, routine reports, bidding, and ad hoc meetings
· Develop learning and knowledge management agenda for the project staff to promote an internal culture of learning and of sharing with other partners.
· Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure overall effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in Statistics
· Good working knowledge of Programme Cycle Management and development
· Excellent computer skills especially statistical analysis using SPSS, STATA, Access, Excel, among others.
· A good knowledge of and understanding of project monitoring tools and techniques.
· Further qualification in development studies, education or related field will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of 5 years’ mid-level management experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programmes; monitoring of education programmes would be an added advantage.
· Ability to manage and analyse project data.
· Ability to enhance existing business processes and products in support of strengthened monitoring systems;
· Experience training and mentoring staff in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
· Strong communication and analytical skills;
· Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide high quality service
· Strong organisational and time management skills, and ability to manage tasks with precise deadlines.
· Have a high degree of integrity, tact, diplomacy and corporate spirit
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates should submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including three referees and the expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the name of the post applied for.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applications must be received on or before 17th November, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and police clearance checks.