Position: Logistics Officer
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary: UGX 700,000 - 1,000,000
Key Requirement:A local Ugandan
Summary: Our client a Multinational Agricultural company seeks to recruit a logistics officer to work in Kampala Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working hand in hand with the clearing agents;
1. Submit all documents required to in the process of clearing good from Mombasa to Kampala.
2. Keep track on the shipment date, time and place
3. Coordinate with the transportation company
- Allocating and recording the movement on the transport planning system.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Following up on the issuance of the import permits with the ministry of Agriculture.
- Following up on the registration process of Veterinary and other samples that require field studies.
- Responsible for the purchase of stationary and other office supplies.
- Communicating effectively with clients and respond to their requirements.
- Determining priorities, developing work schedules, and assigning work to subordinates based upon available manpower and resources
- Ensuring accurate completion of all the tasks to include the proper documentation of materials and cost expenditures
- Maintaining a close continuing relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to remain current and keep abreast of market conditions
- Maintains required administrative files and records
Key Requirements and Skills
- Diploma/Degree in Warehousing, Purchasing, Logistics or Procurement
- 3-5 Years of experience in a busy working environment in the same capacity
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Mature, responsible and well organized
If qualified send CV stating your experience, skills and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.