Role: General Manager
Full Time Employee
Our Client who runs a commercial co working office facility is looking for a full time General Manager to plan, organize, lead and control the daily operations of the co-working space.
You will be backed by the co management team, but the primary mission is to create and enhance a successful co-working space and a place for like-minded people to network, learn, and collaborate belongs to you.
This is a varied role, from running all efforts of business development and partnerships to implementing, testing, and providing feedback on company strategy.
It is the most diverse role within our organization, and requires a candidate with equally diverse interest, experience, and skills.
Our members’ experience is our highest priority. As such, personalized hospitality and anticipatory service are required to make sure we are always attentive to the needs, expectations, and aspirations of our members.
You will be asked to:
· Be exceptionally capable at rapid problem-solving and nurturing relationships with members
· Be prepared to connect members to other members, small businesses to local resources, and follow-up with care and understanding without ever dropping the ball
· Grow our partnership with external facing ecosystem players to ensure a broader community is growing with the right pieces of the puzzle
Operations and Space Management
Space management requires operational excellence and impulsive responsiveness.
As the main point of contact for our members, partners, property managers, and vendors, you should have the competence, leadership skills, and independence to run an operating business on your own.
Your attention to detail will be highly tested and commended.
You will sweat the small stuff and make sure the operations of the space are always running beyond member expectations.
Beyond this you will:
· Demonstrate the ability to deliver prompt and thoughtful responses and solutions to member problems verbally as well as on paper
· Help to shape the development of products and services
· Prepare, share, and present key deliverables and performance reports to leadership team
· Provide oversight of space, amenities, and member services infrastructure
· Explore new ways to better measure and manage impact goals and metrics
· Develop and facilitate a system to manage all desk renters pitching in to collaborate on making the space great – allocating tasks, managing communications, making sure everyone is doing their share.
As a core member of the company and spokesperson for the brand, you will be a brand ambassador. You will be asked to:
· Have an appreciation for space design and culture and how these interact
· Understand our differentiator in the marketplace and our value proposition
· Design, implement, and lead marketing and media campaigns
· Understand that our brand is about trust, quality, and forward-thinking
As General Manager, you are the primary steward to our local community of members.
You will need to have a contagious positive passion for the community and an entrepreneurial inclination to improve our business to benefit our stakeholders.
· Strengthen the bonds between our community of stakeholders and significantly grow our partnerships
· Regularly interact with company founders and executives
· Be inclusive, collaborative, engaging, confident, poised, and ambitious
· Engage a diverse set of stakeholders ranging from technology companies, creative agencies, coffee operators, furniture makers, designers, media outlets, community organizations, local incubators, and local community members
· Be sales-driven with an innate ability to recognize and match an individual or company’s needs to the company’s solutions
· Help drive growth by interpreting financial sales data to make recommendations that impact the business, structuring growth-related operational strategies, and helping us win new business opportunities
This position involves managing a service-based, hospitality-oriented business where member-experience is the top priority.
The GM will be involved in sales and marketing, design, networking, event planning as well as all operational aspects of managing a commercial office facility.
You are a businessperson with design flair and an obsessive need to organize and improve.
You are energized by human contact and conversation, and have a religious fervor to promote community and tribe.
· You will be a highly self-managed person, and excited to work in a collaborative environment.
· You will have good organizational skills and be able to see what needs to get done and make it happen without the need for daily guidance.
· You will also have excellent communication skills, to interface with desk renters, the existing network, the Space founders, and externally on social media.
· You know how to strike a balance between engaging the community to foster a sense of ownership, and getting on with getting things done.
· Ability to work with senior decision makers at large organizations as well as taking care of the ‘day to day’ minutia of managing a large co-working space
· You are a great at partnership development with some sales experience
· A natural conversational style, intellectual versatility, modesty, and guts.
· GMs must be entrepreneurial and self-propelled by restless curiosity, but respectful of their surrounding and calculated in their efforts to understand an industry still defining itself.
· Undergraduate degree
· 2-3+ years experience in a diverse and intense operations centered role
· In depth knowledge of the social enterprise, SME and innovation ecosystem
· Experience with partnership development and business development
· Event planning experience a huge plus
If you feel you are the right person for this position, send an application to email@example.com indicating your current salary.Due to the large number of applications we get and time constraints, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates.