The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Fund Development Assistant who will be reporting to Fund Development (FD) Manager, Kenya Girl Guides Association.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify investor opportunities matching the work of the organization
- Assist the FD Manager in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission
- Undertake research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Assist the FD Manager in developing business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual investors/donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Maintain relationships with existing investors/donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
- To be agreed with Line Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 3-year experience in related field or equivalent knowledge.
- Successful track record of setting and meeting challenging income generation targets from a wide range of fundraising activities including corporate, individual giving, foundations, international fundraising bodies, Donor organizations, statutory sources and the public
- Experience in influencing key stakeholders and decision makers with experience of forming, maintaining and developing relationships with a wide range of people
- Understanding and experience of significant financial and budgetary responsibility and managing accounting systems and procedures
- Excellent communication skills to present ideas in a convincing manner
- Experience in research and report writing
- Experience in working with target and deadlines
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to email@example.com by 10th November 2016.
Indicate Fund Development Assistant in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.