Our client, a leader in manufacturing seeks to engage and hire a Front Line Manager professional responsible for Leading , Controlling and Coordinating the activities of the cells, area and equipment to ensure that the relevant activities, products or services are planned, processed and delivered to specified standards, SLA’s, within budget and target KPI’s.
· Empowering the cell teams to have the ability and commitments to achieve KPI’s and resolve issues within the cell through coaching, training and effective delegation;
· Driving through performance improvements to support Quality, Cost and Delivery targets;
· Championing and Facilitating the adoption and integration of lean manufacturing and best practice techniques to secure performance improvements and business unit efficiency;
· Ensuring the effective utilisation and cost optimisation of all resources within the area;
· Supporting the Process Manager in the development of strategic plans for the area;
· Proactively Planning and Engaging with other departments/areas to ensure a collaborative approach and effective resolution of issues;
· Providing point of escalation from the cell leaders for people, process, technical and resource issues;
· Ensuring conformance to standards for EHS and Security.
· Business Awareness;
· Collaboration & Influencing;
· Strategic Decision Making;
· Driving Change;
· Customer Focus;
· Leading People;
· Driving Result;
· University Degree level or equivalent;
· In depth knowledge of production/technical processes and procedures, particularly with respect to safety, output, quality, security and housekeeping;
· Understanding of and ability to communicate World Class Manufacturing techniques including Lean manufacturing, 6 Sigma, SMED, 5S, VSM, KANBAN, KAIZAN etc;
· Knowledge and experience of HR processes;
· Track record as change agent and of implementing best practice;
· Good understanding of budgetary controls and variance analysis within an operational environment;
· Ability to Lead, Motivate, Coach and Develop people and work within a team environment with a proven track record of leading multi-disciplinary teams.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm 29th November, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.