Trocaire on behalf of its partner Bishop Gasis Relief and Rescue Foundation is advertising for the role of Finance and Grants Manager.
Background to the role: This is a new position that has come up following strategic decisions taken by the board that have led to re-alignment of roles to address certain gaps within the organization.
The role is aimed at positioning the organization to manage the increasing portfolio of institutional/government funding.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A. Leadership and Capacity Development
· Provide strategic input and financial management advice/assistance to the Senior Management Team (SMT) on all critical decisions affecting the organization.
· Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
· Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, Navision, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.); and succession planning.
· Actively participate in the operations management team meetings.
· Facilitate management and other non-finance staff especially project/program staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements.
· Ensure finance policies and procedures are understood by SMT, program management team and other technical staff as appropriate.
· Develop strong networks internally and externally (other NGOs, banking entities etc.) through effective communication, relationships for the benefit of the organization.
· Adhere to key policy documents – vision, mission, staff code conduct among others
· Contribute to the development of the organizational strategic direction and priorities.
B. Planning, Budgeting, Analysis and Grant Management
· Coordinate the financial planning and budgeting process: provide leadership in preparation of the annual budget and consolidating all program/project budgets into the overall organization budget according to prescribed formats and standards.
· Coordinate with program/project management staff closely in the preparation of proposal budgets as well as any budget revisions as necessary, ensuring all the necessary costs are included in grant budgets.
· Prepare annual detailed core office management support/administrative/overhead budget; ensuring the budgets incorporate core staff structure, and infrastructure for the organization.
· Develop/maintain a system of tracking all funding raised by the organization ensuring all the relevant key information pertaining to each grant/funding source such as project no. project description, start date, end date location total commitment per agreement, total amount received plus other information is captured.
· Develop/maintain all donor compliance checklist with key compliance regulations, requirements and specific time lines.
· Ensure all grant files are maintained with all key documentation related to the grant/funding: Key documents should include but are not limited to the following:
a. Grant agreements and amendments
b. Approved Proposals and grant budgets
c. Interim and final donor financial reports
d. Key correspondences with donors
· Provide management with support in financial analysis and forecasting/projections that provide the ability to forecast scenarios, keeping the management updated on the funding situation at all times including projected funding/cash deficits.
C. Fiscal accounting, compliance, monitoring and reporting
· Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant financial reporting to the SMT for internal management use and in line with donor requirements.
· Ensure adherence to set policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the organisational Financial Manual and other documents, including – but not limited to: cash management, grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, funding carry-forward, accounting and reporting.
· Establish and maintain cash management systems that ensure the availability of cash/funds for project implementation and other office cash needs.
· Monitor actual expenditure against budgets enforcing discipline to ensure adherence to budget provisions.
· Initiate corrections and budget revisions where necessary in a timely manner.
· Review the reconciliation of actual cash/funding received against signed donor agreements and follow up on any outstanding out-standing items.
· Provide regular analysis of Project/Grant financial reports and timely feedback to Project/Grant managers for program/project decision making.
· Follow up on implementation of audit findings and determine what support is needed to ensure complete implementation of all audit findings.
· Provide cost analysis and make recommendations for determining effective resource utilisation at all levels of the organisation
· Contribute to the development of appropriate policies and procedures that promote cost efficiency and stewardship collaboration other key operations staff.
· Develop / update and implement a robust capital assets & equipment management policy – ensuring that the organisational assets are properly utilised and safeguarded.
E. Financial Risk Management and Controls
· Define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems including, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control over organisational assets, resources and operations.
· Manage the financial systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant finance audit risks at an institutional and project/program levels.
· Coordinate management responses to institutional and project financial audits, and ensure that related audit recommendations are implemented in a timely manner at all levels.
· Take lead in the statutory and program audits to ensure that adequate audit documentation and checklist are provided to the auditor in timely manner to facilitate smooth audit processes.
· Manage Financial Risk ensuring appropriate controls are in place to mitigate against principal financial risks
· Develop and ensure the implementation of anti-corruption and fraud policies, and strategies.
Persons Specification – Essential Requirements
· Internationally recognised professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA)
· A degree in finance and/or accounting from a recognised university. An advanced degree in accounting/finance/business administration will be an added advantage.
· At least five years post qualification experience in financial management and supervisory experience as the head of the finance function/department preferable in the humanitarian/NGO sector
· Must have multi-donor financial management experience and donor grants including government
· Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members.
· Good communication and negotiation skills
· Demonstrated ability to work with a participative style within teams.
· Proactive and able to take initiative in addressing work related challenges.
· Good organisational and planning skills **
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications with the subject Finance and Grants Manager to Human Resources Officer , BGRRF on email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be reviewed as they come and only shortlisted candidates will be contactedClosing date: 08 Dec 2016