The Japan Center for Conflict Prevention (JCCP) is an international Non-Governmental Organization established in 1999 in Japan, with its headquarter in Tokyo, Japan and an office in Nairobi, Kenya.
JCCP’s mission is to build peace and resilient livelihoods, and help vulnerable groups and individuals recover from the effects of conflict, for sustainable development.
JCCP’s Office in Nairobi, Kenya is seeking to recruit a Senior Finance and Administration Officer who will be in charge of finance and administration in the assigned projects.
The successful candidate will be located in Nairobi and will be expected to start working as soon as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Grant Manager, the main duties and responsibilities of the Senior Finance and Administration Officer will be as follows:
1. Financial Management and Human Resources
- Oversee and perform day-to-day accounting processes and procedures.
- Prepare and process all payments and documents, including month-end bank reconciliations and journal entries, via online banking and accounting book.
- Ensure petty cash is accounted in a weekly or monthly basis.
- Process monthly payroll for local staff on time; ensure statutory deductions (tax, etc.) are remitted to necessary authorities on time.
- Ensure financial statements are properly prepared for audit.
- Monitor and track project budgets and make budget forecasts.
- Assist Grant Manager in developing and analyzing organizational/ project budgets.
- Compile and distribute financial reports as required.
- Manage the organization’s bank accounts and communicate with bank officers in a proper manner.
- Train, mentor, and supervise Finance and Logistics Assistant.
- Assist in matters of registration, work permits for non- local staff.
- Update status and records of asset lists, and that office and medical insurance and are in line with donor regulations.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective maintenance of office premises, in coordination with Finance and Logistics Assistant.
- Ensure that all office equipment is serviced regularly and in good working condition.
3. Procurement and Logistics
- Supervise transport logistics and ensure that the needs of staff/office are met adequately.
- Support Finance and Logistics Assistant to ensure that all other logistics arrangements are prepared effectively.
4. Knowledge Management
- Develop and update knowledge-based products as required on financial management.
- Institutionalize and disseminate knowledge within JCCP office through content/data management.
- Ensure synthesis and dissemination of lessons learnt and best practices in financial management within the finance and administration section.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A business related degree with a minimum of Certified Public Accountant (CPA)-Section 4.
- At least seven years of experience working in finance and administration for NGOs, international organizations or in the private sector.
- Good command of computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good working experience in preparing for audits.
- Familiarity with regulation for the Kenya Revenue Authority on taxes and NGO board requirements for NGOs.
- Fluency in both written English and Swahili.
- A team player with ability to build and maintain relationships with supervisors, colleagues and partners.
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimum supervision and to meet deadlines
- Seeks inputs and feedbacks from others.
- Ability to handle challenges of working in a changing environment.
- Working experience with Japanese NGOs will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Japanese donors will be an asset.
Application Procedure Please send a cover letter, a detailed CV with contact details of three references and CPA and academic certificates to email@example.com.
The email application should be marked as 'Application for Senior Finance and Administration Officer' in the subject.
Deadline for Application is 7th November 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
JCCP is an equal opportunity employer; all suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.