Terms of Reference for Field Officer - Wajibu Wetu Programme
Purpose of the Position: The Wajibu Wetu programme Field Officer will support the M&E Officer and the Programme Coordination Officer in data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all projects, both new and established throughout the region.
The Field Officer will work closely with Program teams to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the Programme Coordination Officer.
S/he may be assigned to focus on supporting one or more specific grants or projects within a programme as assigned by the M&E Officer.
S/he will collaborate with the Programme’s team in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and final narrative and financial donors’ reports.
Additionally, s/he will work with other members of the team, as need be, on Seed grants support and set up, follow up of program expenses and indicators, implementation of processes, standard operating procedures and any other tasks given to her/him by the M&E Officer or the Program Coordination Officer.
1. Programme Management
- Act as primary point of contact with seed grants regarding technical deliverables, financial oversight, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Day-to-day oversight of project implementation on financial, administrative and general coordination of seed grants activities.
- Assist and participate in developing the technical approach to delivery of training and other capacity building initiatives for the assigned grantees.
- Support seed grantees to ensure that all quarterly financial and narrative reports and expenditure reports are completed, verified, and promptly forwarded to the grants management office.
- Assist the grants management officer in the overall administration of the grant including work plan management and budget management as needed.
- Support Forum Syd’s reporting process for both quarterly internal reports in SOPAL and annual donor reporting.
- Facilitate communication flows between seed grant initiatives and Forum Syd office as required.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation Support
- Support the programme M&E Officer and Programme Coordination Officer in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of seed grantees project activities.
- Support the programme M&E Officer in implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Assist Program Coordination Officer in clarifying project information needs.
- Support seed grantees on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Support in implementation of tools and/or their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Officer (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E Plans).
- Regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Support and participate in the interim and end of programme evaluation.
- Support M&E Officer and Grants Manager in reviewing seed grantees reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time.
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the M&E Officer to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Assist in documenting most significant change stories and other programme successes
- Ensuring that IEC materials are delivered to partners.
5. Other duties as assigned.
- Assist Partners in resolving minor internet issues, Computer and network troubleshooting
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in social studies or community development studies or related degree from recognized university.
- Diploma in project Management.
Skills, Experience and Attitude Required
- Minimum of Three years’ work experience.
- Experience in facilitating workshops.
- Experience in working with community based approaches
- Leadership and supervisory skills and ability to foster team spirit.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of activities and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills and ability to work independently
- Report writing skills and computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets
- Experience in conducting surveys, managing data and statistics
- Willingness to travel to the field most of the time.
- Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices
How to Apply:
Forum Syd is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Email your application indicating your current, expected gross salary and detailed CV with at least three referees to email@example.com on or before 2 November 2016.