Vacancy: Executive Assistant
Vacancy: Executive Assistant
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations.Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries.
With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi Kenya we are seeking skilled and highly motivated individuals to fill key positions in the areas of Finance, Nutrition, Monitoring and Reporting, Contracting and Procurement, Human Resources and support staff.
We are recruiting for the following position:
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to / Position Title: Regional Director, Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
2. Overall Purpose / Broad Function: To provide effective and efficient administrative and organisational support primarily to the Regional Director but also to the Deputy Regional Directors, while contributing to the effective and efficient management of administrative systems for the office in general.
3. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize RD’s schedules, appointments, telephone calls and meetings and ensure calendar is maintained and shared with other MI staff
- Welcome external visitors and ensure they are offered refreshments during meetings if necessary
- Sort and prioritize incoming correspondence and ensure it is dealt with in a timely manner
- Draft responses to non-technical letters and acknowledgements
- Edit and format documents and correspondents; produce final copy and distribute accordingly
- Coordinate and arrange travel itineraries, flights, accommodation, airport transport, visas, travel authorizations, travel advances, documentation and material folders for the visit and prepare expense statements for the Regional Director and the Deputy Regional Directors.
- Organize regional MI meetings, workshops, conferences, seminars in Kenya and support same as appropriate in other countries in the region, including making initial contact with participants, preparing agendas and other documentation, organizing logistics and marketing, and dealing with participants as required.
- Acts as secretary to monthly Regional Meetings; preparing and circulating agendas, taking and circulating minutes, and keep records
- General administrative tasks: filing, scanning, photocopying and binding
- Coordinate travel itinerary of EMC’s visits to the country and region
- Ensure the office is properly cleaned and maintained, and is adequately stocked with office supplies as well as ensuring fittings and equipment are maintained and functioning through inspection and liaising with administration
Any other duties as requested
4. Supervisory Responsibilities:
No supervisory responsibilities
5. Education / Professional Designations / Experience:
- College degree from a recognized university in Administration / Office management / Secretarial services or related field with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- College diploma or certificate in Administration/Office management/Secretarial services plus 8 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience working for an international organization, an asset
6. Language Skills
- Fluent in English
7. Travel Requirements
- Based in Nairobi, there is no travel required from this position.
8. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills (planning and organizing work)
- Ability to work with sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail oriented
- Good skills in taking minutes and notes
Note: This Job description can and will be amended as required from time to time
MI is a non-smoking work environment
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting Job# KENRO-14 in the subject line. Competition closes November 11, 2016.
Please note that this position is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
No telephone calls please.