Our client is a non-profit organization mobilizing people through the power of bicycles with a vision of a world where distance, safety and lack of sustainable transportation are no longer barriers to education, healthcare and economic opportunity.
They oversee philanthropic programs that enable individuals achieve mobility and access opportunities.
They are searching for an industrious, disciplined, and tenacious Business Developer for the Bicycle for Education empowerment Program (BEEP) who will report directly to the Country Director.
Job Purpose: The jobholder will execute strategic and operational programs in order to grow commercial sales in Kenya, penetrate and expand within the open market.
Manage and prepare the company’s financial information, including, but not limited to, preparing monthly financial reports, budgeting, commentaries, standard financial statements, invoices, delivery notes, and receipt vouchers.
Business Development – 70%
· Attainment of business sales targets with a monthly target of brand and accessories.
· Developing action plans (Weekly and 90 Day) and activities for the customers, giving timely reports on activities, competitor activities and formulating strategies under guidance of Country Director for execution.
· Customer service to current and prospects.
· Drafting of concept notes and proposal for onward approval by Country Director
· Attend to any other duties that may be assigned by country director from time to time.
· Customer database management and analysis of productivity data of field staff for decision-making.
Business Analysis – 30%
· Develop and manage financial systems and policies, key staff in finance and recommend improvements.
· Model potential scenarios to determine optimal pricing, price review and surveys to ensure profitability and sustainability.
· Budget and collect payments in consultation according to BBL requirements with the Country Director –Kenya.
· Analyze financial information such as BEEP /SE reconciliation statements, MPESA transactions, customer billing and statements, key customer relationships, customers’ statements to better predict operational efficiency, profitability and cash position.
· Prepare and submit on time monthly operational/financial reports/close and liaise with internal /external auditors in preparation of Financial Statements in line with strategic objectives. Ensure timely submission of company tax, company statutory payments by Financial Accountant.
· Business Degree in commerce (Sales/Marketing & Finance) with an MBA are highly desirable.
· 4-6 years’ experience in Sales and customer facing experience with good customer service in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) environment or busy sales environment with result based performance.
· Proficient in IT and Excellent Excel working with ERP –Pastel, SAP.
· Financial skills as business analyst, costing and Kenya Tax Regime literacy.
· Ability to spend a lot of time in the field 70% and travelling while based in Nairobi or Kisumu.
· Experience in writing grant proposal and concept preparation for funding highly desirable.
· Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
· Can do attitude and street wise smart
· Attention to detail and deep analytical mind-set
· Previous experience at high level negotiation and Excellent customer service
· Excellent planning, Good coordination and facilitation skills
· Effective communication and presentation skills
· Good people management and interpersonal skills
· Curious, pragmatic, collaborative and problem solver
· Commercial acumen and leadership skills
Salary Budget: Kshs.100,000-150,000 Gross
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through email@example.com on the vacancy before close of business 18th November 2016.Only successful candidates will be contacted.