Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Manager Research and Development
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/12
The role will provide guidance and direction to both primary and secondary research functions in respect to business requirements.
- Gather market intelligence, carry out data analysis and provide insights with a view to giving Kenya-Re a competitive advantage.
- Continuously liaise with the Reinsurance Division and Finance and Investment Division to understand the economic trends both within and outside the country with a view of proposing suitable investments
- Create actionable insight that informs decision making on customer behavior and provide insights into the changes in operations to optimize the performance of business.
- Make recommendations to the management team on the prioritization of the innovative ideas and advice on ways of improving innovation,
- Champion innovation through analysis of the current situations to foster improvements, better works systems, costs savings, faster processes and turnaround times.
- Advise on research results against the action standards set and the next steps.
- Identify problems, opportunities and/or gaps through primary and secondary research and innovation.
- Manage and disseminate insight from secondary research sources such as market data, consumer / customer / competitor trends as well as internal company data.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelors’ degree from a reputable university. Those with a Masters degree (MBA, M.Sc. etc) in a relevant field will have an added advantage.
- They should have six (6) years relevant experience in research two of which should be in a managerial position.
- They should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to operate in performance- driven environment and be a team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 4th November 2016