- operational coordination contributing receiving area information and recommendations to change process and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; propose on productivity, quality, and efficiency standards; recommend on solutions, assist in completing audits; identifying gaps and trends in all operational areas.
- Monitor store operations systems by determining that all laid down procedures are followed
- Receiving merchandise
- Monitor and give feedback on store design, planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new procedures,
- Support improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout and recommend change to be implemented.
- Create efficient ways to produce accurate and timely reports- shrinkage, receiving, delivery, inventory management,
- Analyses in detail all reports generated and pertaining to the efficient operation of the store and make continuous improvement recommendations to the management
- Develop any other ad hoc relevant reports for management
- Receives merchandise. Checks and signs delivery slips. Assists with unloading as necessary.
- Unpacks merchandise. Verifies the quality and quantity of items against supporting documents. Accepts or returns merchandise according to established procedures. Calculates prices according to guidelines. Affixes bar codes, prices, and security tags as necessary.
- Completes different forms and prepares documents. Maintains files.
- Organizes distribution and dispatch of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, prepares the merchandise and moves to the appropriate area.
- Contacts resource people for various information. Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
- Participates in taking inventory. Maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures area is secure at all times.
- Diploma in stores and supplies management
- Good Time Management
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Decision-Making Skills
- Experience in loss control or stock control an added advantage
- Experience in Retail set up
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to interact at all levels.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Confidence and self-assurance.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and communicate change effectively
- Ability to achieve results through people and systems.
If qualified send CV only quoting the job title on the subject (RECEIVING CLERK) to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the expected salary.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.