Vacancy: WASH Project Officer - Marsabit
Organisation: Caritas Switzerland is committed to a world that is guided by solidarity, justice and peace and in which the inviolable dignity and the rights of every human being are respected.
We work to ensure that every person not only has access to food, water, shelter, health, work and education, but is able to expand his/her capabilities and opportunities to lead the life he/she values.
The aim of all programmes is to reduce the poverty suffered by marginalised people, to ensure that their rights are respected, to reduce people’s vulnerability and to enable them to develop sustainable life strategies through social integration and access to natural resources, institutions, infrastructure and capital.
In line with the idea of the Social Development Goals that such goals are not only relevant for developing countries, but for all countries worldwide, Caritas Switzerland works both in Switzerland and abroad.
Caritas Switzerland has been implementing project in Kenya since the mid-90s and is registered since 2007. We focus in our country programmes on WASH, CC and DRR as well as Humanitarian Aid.
The project for which this position is advertised will be addressing basic humanitarian needs
of communities in Marsabit County.
The assignment will focus on the outcome: communities in Laisamis sub-county have increased access to safe water and have improved their hygiene awareness and practices.
Position: WASH Project Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager / Project Director
Duration: 11 months
Location: Marsabit County
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for achievement of all results under WASH outcome;
- Lead community mobilisation and liaison for WASH results;
- Implement water infrastructure rehabilitation;
- Ensure implementation of WASH software;
- Monitoring and reporting of all WASH results;
- Liaison with project consortium partners.
Essential requirements & qualifications
- University degree in Civil / Water Engineering with at least five years of work experience alternatively a diploma can suffice with a minimum of seven years’ work experience;
- At least part of the work experience in an engineering company or with a NGO including fieldwork preferably in Kenya’s Arid and Semi-Arid Lands;
- Expertise in the execution of water infrastructure projects including needs assessments, technical surveys, material storage control, artisan supervision;
- Experience in prevalent WASH software implementation such as KAP surveys and O&M trainings for community groups and schools (BoM), CHAST, CLTS is an added advantage;
- Flexibility, good interpersonal and clear oral and written communication skills;
The knowledge of Kiswahili is mandatory, local language skills (Marsabit) are highly desirable.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Contract start: Tentatively 15th November 2016
If you feel you fit the required profile, please let us know how your qualifications, experience and career ambitions match the requirements of this position.
Send your application latest by 21.10.2016 to email@example.com indicating WASH Project Officer Marsabit in the subject line and label all your attached files with your full name and document title.
Please provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, earliest date of availability, names and telephone contacts of three referees, two of which should include your previous and current direct supervisors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.