Position Title: Project Coordinator
Duration: 12 Months Renewable
Job Summary – Purpose: The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing leadership in design and effective implementation of KeNAAM’s programs, mobilization and prudent use of resources, creation and maintenance of an enabling working environment, and ensuring an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the mission, core values and guiding principles of KeNAAM are put into practice.
- Support the development and implementation of KeNAAM’s strategic plan.
- Provide overall leadership, guidance and direction on implementation of program activities.
- Coordinate the development of program/project work-plans and track program/project progress to ensure delivery.
- Identify and develop new project ideas and strategic opportunities leading to the development of funding proposals.
- Ensure compliance with terms and conditions of any agreements and contracts entered into with partners.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of Community Health System Strengthening (CHSS).
- Build and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders including government departments and agencies, NGOs, private sector organisations and foundations, as well as local communities in line with KeNAAM strategic plan.
- Represent KeNAAM in relevant forums at the local levels and beyond and actively seek avenues for sharing KeNAAM’s experiences.
- Facilitate the development of strategies for funding and resource mobilization to support program components, projects and activities.
- Develop and ensure effective use of monitoring and evaluation systems to track and report on program/project activities and results
- Ensure that program periodic reports (monthly/quarterly/management) are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Community development, project management or any other relevant field in Health.
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- • Post graduate diploma in project management, monitoring and evaluation or development studies or related field.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Very good knowledge in financial and resource management.
- Strong skills in monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Knowledge in Community Health Systems Strengthening (CHSS).
- Must have knowledge of managing complex relationships and competing relationships ( eg local administrators, grassroots partners and governorship )
- Strong analytical, communication, dynamic thinking skills and result oriented.
- Excellent technological orientation and change management.
- Must demonstrate outstanding leadership and strategic management abilities.
- Must have good negotiation skills
Relevant Work Experience
- A minimum of five-year’s progressive relevant experience in public health work (At least 3 years in a mid - level position in health programme management)
Position Title: Communication and Advocacy Specialist- Short Term
Duration: 6 Months
Job Summary – Purpose: To manage the Communication and Advocacy activities for KeNAAM, raise awareness and increase visibility of the organization with key stakeholders and the general public, ensure dissemination of appropriate messages to relevant audiences (both internally and externally) through effective channels, and promote documentation of the organization’s program work as well as information sharing and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of KeNAAM’s communications and Advocacy policies and plans.
- Facilitate the mapping of regional malaria CSO’s partners
- Develop strategic links and collaboration with other local and national advocacy organizations to deliver common goals.
- Develop and facilitate production of advocacy materials
- Develop Malaria CSO’s Regional Accountability platforms in high endemic regions in Kenya
- Facilitate documentation of KeNAAM’s program work.
- Support programs to undertake Rapid Assessment on Domestic Malaria Investment and build case studies, and assist conduct operations research to inform advocacy agenda.
- Track, monitor, and document the status, quality, and progress of advocacy interventions.
- Provide input on behalf of the programs into policy and decision-making processes of county and national government ministries.
- Facilitating monthly Malaria Round table forums with regional CSO's
- Facilitate the KeNAAM website redesign
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor Degree in Journalism / Mass Communication or Public Relations or any other
- relevant field in Communication and Advocacy.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 5 years of overall professional Communication, Advocacy or Public relations in an NGO setting.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume of a maximum 4 pages and a cover letter indicating their current and expected salary, date available to start working, letters of recommendation preferably from a previous employer and a copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable) to:
Closing Date: October 24, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.