Vacancy: IT Support Assistant
We are a retail pharmacy chain dispensing prescription and non-prescription pharmaceutical products.
The company has retail outlets located mostly in high traffic residential estates capitalizing on volumes created by health care medicine prescribers to the average Kenyan consumer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance in the use of computer hardware and software
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to IT Manager as appropriate
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts
- Installs software programs as and when required including running system updates
- Periodically checks all machines for anti-virus validity and updates where required
- Tests programs
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages
- Administers user accounts
- Designs and produces basic reports such as hardware maintenance report
- Conducts daily information back up and ensures safe storage of the back-up devices
- Routine checks and maintenance of CCTV cameras
- Routine checks and maintenance of PDQ and Smart Card reader machines
Competencies & Skills Required
- Must be partially conversant with programming
- Must be able to think outside the box and provide cutting edge solutions
- Must be accountable
- Must be able to stretch the hours when required and also be on call
- Language skills – Fluent English and Kiswahili
- Planning skills
- Time management skills
Education Qualification & Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology is desired, however Diploma in IT can be considered
- Certification on A+ and N+
- Knowledge of how CCTV cameras work
- Work experience of not less than 3 years preferably in retail
- Age: 25-30 years
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications which MUST include a cover letter, CV and copies of relevant testimonials to email@example.com before 27th October 2016.
Only qualified & shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend interviews.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.