World Food Programme
Internship, WFP Somalia
Programme Unit, based in Kenya
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the Programme Unit of the WFP Somalia Country Office.
The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting in November 2016.
Description: The selected candidate will report to the Head of VAM and M&E and will be assisting the WFP Programme Unit (PU) with the following key duties:
- Assist the PU Relief Team and Area Offices in developing and reviewing appropriate relief responses based on assessment information;
- Assist VAM, using assessment livelihood data, refine community targeting criteria for relief programmes;
- Liaise with the PU Livelihoods and Nutrition Teams and relevant AO focal points to, support the transition of relief responses to recovery and livelihood/nutrition focused activities;
- Work with VAM, Relief, Livelihood, Nutrition Teams and the FSC to draft revised CO guidelines for targeting highly food insecure households and individuals during localised shocks based on quantitative and qualitative information through a livelihood lens;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months Advanced university degree (Masters) in economics, social sciences, public policy and/or international development policy;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)and knowledge of statistical analysis software (i.e. SPSS);
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of a second UN language and/or Somali
- Experience in undertaking food security/nutrition assessments, data analysis, IPC, and response planning.
- Kenyan or Somali nationality;
- Strong analytical skill, interpretation of data and data sampling;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to conceptualize and draft reports independently, where data charts and data interpretation are seamlessly integrated.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. (The current rate for Nairobi is about $600)
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
- Go to: http://www.wfp.org/about/vacancies/internship/16-0022493
- Step 1: Create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on the hyperlink to view the current opening(s) and “Apply” to submit your application(s).
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this Internship.
Deadline for applications: 7 October 2016
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
Fighting Hunger Worldwide
Fighting Hunger Worldwide