Tourism Fund (TF) is a State Corporation established under the Tourism Act, 2011 which came into operation on 1st September, 2012 vide special issue Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 93 of 24th August, 2012.
The Board of Trustees seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Internal Audit Manager
Job type: Full-Time
Job group: 3
Job Summary: This position reports to the Board of Trustees and shall be responsible for providing independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of the Fund’s internal controls, risk management systems and governance processes.
The position administratively reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To establish an audit system that ensures quality of internal auditing activities and processes.
- To plan, organize and carry out internal audits including the preparation of audit plans and the necessary resource requirements.
- To perform risk-based audits/reviews in line with the annual audit plan.
- To conduct audit reviews on the effectiveness of risk management systems/processes and adequacy of internal controls.
- To carry out risk identification, assessment and audit planning for high risk areas within the Fund and develop practical action plans for improvement of controls and management of risks.
- To serve as a Secretary to the Audit Committee of the Board and to provide reports to the Committee in regards to corporate governance processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- To manage and oversee the department’s staff training, development and performance evaluation in accordance with the established Performance Management System in liaison with the Director, Finance and Administration.
- To co-ordinate statutory external audits (Financial and System Audits)
- To Institute follow up mechanisms to ensure implementation of audit recommendations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- CPA (K) or its equivalent
- CISA, CIA certification will be an added advantage.
- Member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience three (3) of which must be at senior Audit level.
- Leadership and integrity qualities as set out in chapter 6 of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the public service values and principles as defined in the Constitution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Internal Audit Standards, Code of Ethics and other best Practice Auditing and Accounting Standards.
- Experience in enterprise risk management.
- Good working knowledge of ICT applications including proficiency in accounting systems and CAATs.
- Strong Financial Management orientation.
- Have good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of strategic management processes.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed curriculum vitae, professional certificates and testimonials
The candidate must also attach the following
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- EACC clearance
- HELB clearance certificate
- Valid KRA compliance itax certificate.
- Clearance from a reputable credit reference bureau
Applications clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ……………………………… ” to be addressed to:
P.O. Box 46987 – 00100
Soft copy applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach on or before 24th October 2016.
No hard copies will be accepted.
Minorities and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply