Career Opportunity: Government Liaison Officer
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems.
Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions.
Background: The project will strengthen Kenyan communities’ and government institutions’ motivation and capacity to take the lead on peacebuilding and fostering strong relationships among individuals, communities, and civil society and County and national government actors.
- The Government Liaison Officer will support a consultative process with the national government.
- The Government Liaison Officer will provide in-kind support to national government institutions and/or work closely with other local experts as appropriate to support enhanced intergovernmental coordination, evidence-based policy development, and enhanced peacebuilding efforts.
- The Government Liaison Officer will provide targeted assistance to county governments (Nairobi, Garissa. Wajir, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa. Tana River, Isiolo, and Mandera) and lead trainings on topics ranging from conflict-sensitivity, peacebuilding. extremism and trauma.
- The Government Liaison Officer will distill and adapt peacebuilding research and tools for County and national-level government needs.
- Degree in social sciences, international development, political science, peacebuilding and conflict management or other related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant demonstrated professional experience providing technical assistance to national and County government partners in technical areas relevant to peacebuilding, conflict mitigation, countering violent extremism.
- Experience on projects focused on community mobilization, countering violent extremism, conflict mitigation, peacebuilding, or other related activity strong preferred.
- Strong experience working in Kenya; experience working in Nairobi, Wajir and Garissa strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communities, civil society, local government representatives and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
If you believe you qualify for this job, kindly submit your CV and a cover letter indicating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org