Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM) is the largest company within the Safal Group, and was its founding operation, commencing in 1962 at Mariakani, near Mombasa.
MRM was the first company in Africa to produce coated steel using a patented Aluminium-Zinc alloy recognised as the leading technology worldwide to deliver superior service life to steel. This technology is licensed to the Safal Group by BIEC International.
This position reports administratively to the CEO with functional reporting to the Finance Segment Head.
Summary of Overall Job Purpose: This position has key responsibilities of Cash Flow Management, Financial Risk Management and Trade finance coupled with Banking & Financial Institution relationship.
Below are Key Performance Areas for the role:
- To monitor current and projected cash inflows and outflows to ensure that there is sufficient cash to fund company operations and ensure that excess cash is properly invested.
- Ensure existing assets are safeguarded through the use of safe forms of investment and hedging activities.
- Prepare and monitor 6 months cash flow forecasts including daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Effective management and monitoring of Cash, Inventory, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to improve on cash flow / liquidity.
- Monitor daily cash/bank account position. Manage shortfalls, advise Finance Manager on cash position on a daily basis and push for collections/arrange funds.
- Continuously monitor foreign exchange movement and risks the company is exposed to and measure the net exposure of the company on a weekly basis.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- A degree in Finance, a fully qualified accountant with CPA (K), ACCA, CA
- 10-12 years’ experience of Accounting / Finance / Banking environment, of which 5 should be in a senior Treasury role.
Qualified applicants should submit a comprehensive CV. together with a covering letter supporting the application, to hr.mrmcoils@Safalgroup.com to reach us latest by 20th September, 2016.