University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Strategic Information Officer– Nairobi, Kisii & Migori
The Strategic Information Officer will primarily be responsible for supporting HIV-related data management at University of Maryland’s supported facilities in Nairobi.
S/he will mentor site data clerks in management of patient records and information and report generation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine data management including data collection, collation, analysis and reporting;
- Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including IQCare and other databases;
- Provide IT Support and data analysis training to health facility staff with focus on use of IQCare
- Ensure that all national HIV related tools are available in supported facilities and health care workers are mentored to use them appropriately
- Support facility teams to ensure timely reporting
- Conduct data quality control/assurance activities;
- Provide mentorship to site data clerks on HIV related M&E systems
- Manage project databases and generate reports for donor reporting and project management; and
- Develop SQL queries and related activities;
- Bachelor’s degree in HMIS, IT/Computer Science/IS, Public Health Informatics, Statistics or Mathematics
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with HIV data systems
- SPSS certificate (optional)
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills including advanced excel, MS access,
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.