The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) is a non-profit service company, registered under the Companies Act. It operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula.
AKESK is seeking a Security Manager with a proven track record in leadership and operations.
The position will oversee the security operations in Kenya for all our schools and the central office in Nairobi.
The Role: The Security Manager will provide a strategic security perspective through links with Community Risk Management committees, local organizations and government departments, and inform appropriate safety and security measures within AKES to the Regional CEO and Head Teachers at all the schools in Kenya.
The successful candidate will formulate policy, supervise, coordinate and inspect safety and security procedures in line with the AKDN policy.
- Develop and maintain a structured risk analysis process which identifies and mitigates internal and external threats and risks to the organization.
- Formulate and maintain an AKES safety and security management system offering direction and guidance on safety and security policy, strategy, standards and procedures.
- Oversee and assist with the implementation of the AKESK safety and security management system throughout the organization, including a structured audit process.
- Develop capacity of AKESK security personnel.
- Maintain Emergency Response Procedure (ERP) at each location. Ensure emergency preparedness exercises are part of the ERP.
- Advise on and ensure that AKESK is fully compliant with all government statutory security regulations and requirements.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in security management or similarly related field.
An alternative professional qualification in security management such as CSMP Level 6/ASIS PSP would be beneficial, Ad a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a security and management role and up to 3 years in a security leadership position with a reputable institution
Applications should include a 300 word statement that demonstrates knowledge and best practices of the position, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional references, emailed by 5th October 2016 to;
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Kenya
P.O Box 41440 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted