Job Title: Sales Manager - Consumer Business Division
Profile Introduction: 3M is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Manager- Consumer Business Division.
The successful candidate will be tasked with Creating demand for the 3M Consumer Business Division mainly Homecare and Grow the supported business in the key markets identified in the strategic plan.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Focusing on Secondary Sales target achievement with an acute End-User Focus;
- Working with distributors to reach End Users i.e Key Accounts;
- Managing and Increasing distribution footprint in Retail with focus on Category Management;
- Sales and channel development – focusing on adding new channels;
- Executing brand plans – in line with marketing promotional programs;
- Implementing tailor-made promotions and end user contact programs;
- Territory Management;
- Establishing and Supporting an effective sub-distribution network for onward retailing of products;
- Customizing delivery of products and services solutions to meet their needs and become a trusted advisor to the most complex customers;
- Developing and Implementing own business plans and program that increase market coverage;
- Performing analysis and investigation about product and markets (3M-competitors);
- Interpreting industry trends, customer requirements, and business objectives to develop services programs and deliver those programs to largest, complex Consumer business systems;
- Building strong customer and industry relationships and continually establishes 3M as an industry;
- Ensuring the optimal use of current channels and identifies partners/alliances/channel for continuous growth and application of existing and expanding services offerings;
- Sharing best practices with other Sales and Marketing teams across the organization.
Market / Business Analysis
- Data-driven decision making;
- Market understanding - competitor, customer, and company capabilities;
- Sales analysis and insights’;
- Key marketing metrics.
Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Utilization of the official Marketing Plan process and tools;
- Identification of critical issues and opportunities (Situation Analysis);
- Objectives and strategy development;
- Marketing programs and tactics development;
- Marketing program execution (within time and budget);
- Evaluation & Control.
Price Strategy & Management
- Pricing strategy/objectives;
- External situation analysis;
- Customer value analysis;
- Analysis of pricing impact;
- Price setting and approval process, including deviations, sales incentive, discounts, etc;
- Monitoring/price waterfall;
- Pricing control plan.
- Possess strong planning and organization skills;
- Understands and influences external decision makers at the highest account level;
- Possesses customized services program development experience;
- Must be proactive and have a proven record of attaining targets;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Degree in Sales/Marketing or Commerce;
- Proficiency in the use MS Office especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Minimum 5-10 years sales experience in FMCG ;
- Knowledge in Distributor Management;
- Knowledge in Sales planning Forecasting, Product launches;
- Knowledge in Sales processes, Marketing and Sales Principles.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply throughwww.altimaafrica.com/careers.php by 5PM, Wednesday 7th September 2016.