Job Title: Project Manager - Water Projects
Location: Nairobi with frequent travels to rural areas
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our Client is a leading social business which employs modern technology to provide individuals with an access to clean energy and safe drinking water as well as other basic products and services.
- Support the implementation of pilot projects and follow-up on projects in remote regions in Kenya with a special focus on the identification, selection and preparation of suitable project sites
- Engage in publicity work addressing the relevant players in the public sector as well as the donor community in order to increase the visibility and reputation of the company.
- Develop/ expand a network of contacts to relevant stakeholders, especially in the water, energy, and rural development sectors
- Provide support with the identification and realization of opportunities for funding and cooperation.
- Coordinate the activities in Kenya with the Head Office and further project partners
Qualifications and Skills Desired
- A degree in a technical field, ideally in the water sector
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project management
- Experience working in the water sector and with communities, Good knowledge of Western and Nairobi regions is desired
- Well versed in collaboration with actors in international development and/ or the international donor community.
- Well-informed about the Kenyan water sector, relevant stakeholders and the relevant regulatory frameworks on all levels.
- Good understanding of the social and political processes as well as the administrative procedures in Kenya.
- Experience, contacts and skills in the areas of energy, retail, education and training, health, rural development, international development and/ or (social) entrepreneurship would be an asset.
- Have strong communication and networking skills as well as an entrepreneurial mindset with a proven interest in international development cooperation.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Project Manager - Water projects) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 10th October 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.