Position: Programme Officer
Reference No: TRH6209/16
Job Description: Our client is seeking to recruit a Programme Officer for its programme portfolio that develops and oversees their Projects and Programmes.
The Programme Officer will support the technical oversight of programme/project management and implement related activities within the Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
Building relationships with strategic partners for policy and programme
- Identify and build relationships with development agencies, policy, advocacy and research organisations that are critical and delivering its objectives and programme
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organisations sharing and remain up-to-date on partnership related issues;
- Represent at relevant networks, workshops, seminars and policy events
- Develop ideas and projects for formal collaboration with targeted development agencies, policy, advocacy/implementing and research organisations
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders;
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors.
- Securing project funding from institutional funders
- Identify and track emerging opportunities through the institutional funding strategy and action plan
- Contribute to design and development of project proposals
- Develop technical and financial proposals to secure funding
- Manage associate consultant contributions to proposal development
Programme management and reporting
- Support the development of National and County Governments programming, including servicing and supporting contracts
- Manage and coordinate scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements
- Work with Finance staff to ensure financial information is up to date, variances are identified and sound financial accountability is maintained
Learning, sustainability and impact
- Coordinate lesson learning from monitoring and evaluation of the programme portfolio and support sharing of best practice and policy insights
- Develop and manage specifically commissioned and funded monitoring and evaluation initiatives both qualitative and quantitative
Supporting information and communications needs
- Work closely with others to support fundraising and communication and share information about programme portfolio, pipeline, specific projects and programme impact
- Support sharing of information between Secretariat and Members, beneficiaries and partners
Programme policy development
- Contribute to strategic planning within the staff and members, including annual and medium term planning and monitoring
- Liaise with Project Committee and the Board, ensuring that members’ expertise is best used to inform the development of research, policy and programme
- Contribute to relevant policy debates and discussions ensuring increasing policy influence
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in related programme/project coordination at the national or international level;
- At least 3 years of experience in working and implementing donor supported projects
- Hands-on experience in report writing and project planning and development;
- Developing budgets and grant monitoring systems
- Experience of working in health sector especially women’s health in Kenya
- Institutional fundraising – minimum three years
- Facilitation of organizational learning
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Working experience to include least 3 years in project management position
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with members and Stakeholder relationship management and partnership building.
Knowledge / Skills
- At least 5 years’ experience and knowledge in proposal writing, donor funded project implementation.
- Demonstrated analytical, writing and organizational skills; Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives; and long hours
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize programme ideas and develop innovative strategies;
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new areas and willingness to contribute to a dynamic team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good IT skills and proposal writing
- Maintain social media platform including sharing of relevant information with stakeholders including but not limited to use newsletters, website, twitter etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to international development, gender and global health
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and cover letter to email@example.com
Kindly remember to include the reference number in your application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the current and expected remuneration in your application