Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Office Assistant
Start Date: 19th September 2016
Start Date: 19th September 2016
Location: Based in Oyugis
Reporting To: Administrative Assistant
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA): Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General office tasks:
- Opening the office in the morning
- Coordinating and ensuring office cleanliness at all times
- Prepare tea for the office
- Ensuring that drinking water is available at the office at all times
- Conduct security checks each morning when opening the office and fill out the security check list on a daily basis.
- Offer messenger services when required, including post office visits
- Responsible for reporting any breakages or damages in the office that require fixing, and ensuring that this has been fixed within reasonable time.
- Weekly reporting to supervisor
- Ordering of office supplies for the office, including cleaning items, tea supplies and others
- Ordering and shopping for equipment, materials and office supplies for the office, including cleaning items, tea supplies and others, through process maker
- Inventory management: Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders and stocking items
- Actively involved in accurate supplies project reallocations on a monthly basis
- Ensuring proper coordination of the Siaya transport vendors, timely billing for vehicles and submission to finance for payments
- Arrange for hospitality with visiting staff/guests to Oyugis whilst ensuring the smooth running of the organization
- Undertake and assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments
- Manage relationships with IPA’s suppliers, including quality control of all goods purchased
- Ensuring vendor payments have been finalized timely
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders and stocking items
- Actively involved in accurate tea supplies project reallocations (tea billing) on a monthly basis
Other Office Tasks:
- Assisting in facilitating events and training logistics
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma with three years’ experience in any business related course
- Basic computer knowledge and able to use Microsoft office and excel
- Results oriented person
- Proven organizational and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multicultural, multiethnic environment in the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honest and reliable
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Office Assistant. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.