University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Key Populations Advisor – Nairobi & Migori
This position will work to develop University of Maryland’s strategy for working with key populations KP), oversee implementation of KP programs ensuring the provision of quality care to specific key populations including PWID and sex workers using health oriented approach including capacity building of the clinical technical team and facility staff.
- Oversee KP program activities supported by the program
- Represent organization in technical capacity at national. county and Facility level meetings;
- Organize and facilitate trainings using National curricula;
- Provide high quality clinical patient care including leading clinical effectiveness efforts, ensuring implementation of recommended clinical protocols and national guidelines;
- Support the implementation of HIV prevention combination packages specific to various key populations
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve outputs and outcomes;
- Support clinical team in implementation of harm reduction strategies including management of HIV and related diseases;
- Operationalize data demand and information use at designated facilities on KP services
- Onsite mentoring to clinical teams with the goal of performance improvement in the overall patient care
- Organize and co-ordinate facilitation of journal review meetings and CMEs at designated facilities.
- Bachelors’ degree in Medicine, MMED or MPH
- Registration with Medical practitioners and dentists board.
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience, 1 year at supervisory level. Experience in management of key populations will be an added advantage
- Experience working with people who inject drugs and other Key populations
- Competent in Harm reduction programing and human rights approach to health
- Experience managing HIV programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Innovative with a high degree of initiative
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.