Job Title: Key Accounts Representative
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Job Purpose: Key Account Representative will be responsible for managing and building strong business relationships with all the Mini supermarket accounts under your portfolio.
Key Accounts: Mini Markets
Leadership and Management
Leadership and Management
- Communicate and articulate the business objectives to the team leaders and merchandiser in a clear and concise manner so that their actions and activities are properly aligned with the business objectives.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Set aggressive targets and continuously monitoring performance to ensure that the Merchandising team’s outputs are aligned to the business objectives and achieved.
- Resolve issues, problems, and challenges that may arise from time to time within the outlet
- Ensure that required reports are accurately prepared and issued in a timely manner.
- Establish and periodically review Key Performance Indicators and Measures for the outlets to track performance and put in place mechanisms and actions for continuous improvement.
- Look ahead at risks, issues and challenges likely to occur on the outlets and proactively addressing them to avoid failure to achieve set targets.
- Maintain a physical presence in the field to reinforce the account strategy, in-store execution and identify high performance
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Responsible for overall account performance in your defined territory/stores
- Identify opportunities and anticipate competitive offers in the market
- Assist company in the product planning process by providing relevant customers’ insights, strategic thinking and leadership related to all aspects of the business
- Works with HQ Teams including sales, marketing, product and finance to develop forecasts for wholesale sales within the designated territory/stores, monitor performance against sales objectives, and update as needed.
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Provide outstanding, excellent customer service and enhance customer relationships through relationship-based selling.
- New customer acquisition and market share growth through education and innovative methods of prospecting.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Meet or exceed territory/store sales goals, new customer acquisition goals and increase overall company brand awareness.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
Training and Communication
- Contributes and takes an active role on all meetings and training sessions; shares best practices and insights for overall growth and improvement of Key Account Division.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all sales samples, POS displays and selling collateral for educating and selling the complete product line.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and team-based approach with other departments; consistently follows up on requests, orders and Deliveries.
- Liaise with other the management and external Stakeholders on all matters related to the various outlet on marketing and communication.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Monthly Sales out Report.
- Quarterly Business evaluation Report
- Performing any other duties assigned
Knowledge, skills and experience required for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing.
- 4-5 years working experience in Sales and Marketing FMCG
- Prudent skill in communication
- Effective leadership, training and counseling skills
Competencies required for this Role
- Proficient in Ms Office Suites, Sage pastel
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills