Based in Kakamega
We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
In your work, you will seek to balance a number of key skills within your team in order to develop facilities systems which run smoothly, in order to best support our organization.
In order to achieve these goals successfully, you will be honest, critically minded, and have a keen awareness of the multiple, complex challenges of this area of work.
You will also draw on your local sense, and both existing- and new-contacts and knowledge in order to improve our systems in Kenya
- Residential Services – Overseeing a team which manages day-to-day support services to a range of residences, including furnishing and housekeeping.
- Office Management – Overseeing a team which manages stocking, cleaning, and other services to over 15 offices across Kenya, including in a variety of rural sites.
- Maintenance Systems – Developing and managing proactive and reactive maintenance systems for all of our facilities in Kenya.
- Space Planning – Collaborate across the organisation to develop regular reports into space requirements and make recommendations to senior management.
- Expansion – Support scouting for new offices and facilities to support our programme’s expansion
- Cost Tracking – Managing systems which allow for accurate reporting of all costs incurred
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a relevant area – operations work within an NGO, real estate management, construction sector, property management agency, or similar,
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including excellent English and fluent Swahili
- Demonstrated aptitude in handling confidential / sensitive information in past professional settings
- Professional background involving the analysis of multiple complex situations.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with a wide range of teams
- References able to speak to professionalism and high ethical standards, as well as professional skills
- Leadership and Management at work or outside work
- Demonstrated computer skills in Google(email and Spreadsheets) and Microsoft Office required
- Tenacity and go-getter mentality
- Attention to detail and ability to meet targets
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
Career development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and two annual career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Opportunity to grow and salary increase are based on personal performance.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Facilities Coordinator and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 7th October 2016
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must have attained 18years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund. One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted