A well established company in the Dairy sector in Kiambu County seeks to urgently fill the position of a Credit Controller.
It is seeking to hire highly experienced and dynamic Credit Controller to oversee credit function of the company.
The Main Purpose and Objectives
The Main Purpose and Objectives
- To assess and control the level of credit risk on specific remit accounts.
- To ensure that all customer accounts are accurately and promptly maintained, ensuring the efficient release of orders to maximize sales whilst having regard to the Company liquidity.
- To effectively manage the company’s credit control policy and minimize overdue trade debtor’s balances.
- To ensure continued liquidity to meet company obligations and to ensure that all debtors’ accounts are fully reconciled at all times.
- The Credit Controller will be responsible for chasing outstanding invoices to the company and plays a vital role in the cash-flow of the organization ensuring credit given to customers is monitored and controlled effectively
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to regularly follow up all outstanding debts for specific customer accounts with the respective sales staff and report accounts problems to the Finance Manager.
- To verify facts of all sales returns before passing a credit note. Ensure that all supporting documentations are duly authorized and factual before processing of a credit note. Ensure credit notes are passed and posted on a timely basis to update stock records.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures of the credit control department.
- Maintain records of all customers in a file (invoices, credit notes, remittance slips, copies of withholding VAT and any manner of correspondences with the customer) and ensure that the same is filed in a system and in order for ease of traceability.
- Ensure on a daily basis that the accounts copies are received at the end of every day with clear evidence of delivery to the customer to prevent future disputes.
- Ensure that all documentation necessary during audit is prepared on time and forwarded to the Financial Manager for inclusion in the audit file.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
- Meet cash and debtor day targets set by the firm
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Regular meetings with debtors to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtness.
- Ensures that all transactions are compliant with tax legislation.
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Handle accounts, visit customers and travel to business meetings and company branches.
- Negotiate with suppliers, e g credit information and debt collection agencies.
- Categorize customers by investment level risks and review this as appropriate (trade credit)
- Stop supply of goods and services to overdue accounts, can instigate legal proceedings.
- Protects company’s interest at credit meetings relating to insolvent customers.
- Obtain sufficient information to access the creditworthiness of new and existing customers.
- Undertake complex reconciliations and compile documents for legal action.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Finance Manager or any other person designated by the management.
- A university degree in a business related field (Bachelor of Commerce - Finance or Accounting option) CPA (K) /ACCA finalist and post graduate qualifications in credit management will be added advantage.
- 5 yrs collections experience; knowledge of Billing and collections procedure.
- The ideal candidate shall have previous experience in FCMG dealing with high volume calling and hitting monthly targets.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail,
- goal oriented
- Outgoing and confident personality who is able to operate at all levels.
- A self starter who is proactive and can set and achiever goals
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th September, 2016
Please include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.