Vacancy: Country Manager - Somalia
Description: Forum Syd is a Swedish civil society organization focusing on democracy arid human rights, gender equality, and environment and climate change.
Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”.
Forum Syd is a member-based organisation which, from a rights-based approach, works with development issues through advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations.
Our programmes are currently based in Colombia, Kenya, Tanzania, Belarus, Cambodia and Somalia.
Forum Syd has been working with Somali diaspora organisations in Sweden since the 1990’s.
Through sub-granted protects our current three-year programme has a strong focus on transferring knowledge and experiences from Somali Diaspora Organisations in Sweden to contribute to the development of Somalia.
Besides the sub granting component the Somali Diaspora will also be involved in peace and dialog budding processes across the country and in strengthening of the Somali civil society organisations at grassroots level.
Forum Syd has established a main office in Hargeisa and field offices in Garowe and Mogadishu
Forum Syd is now looking for a Country Manager who will be responsible for all Forum Syd’s interventions in the whole of Somalia including staff in the field offices
The Country Manager will be reporting to the Head of Multi-regional in Head Office in Stockholm
Category: Executive / Management
Location: Hargeisa. Frequent travels within Somalia and to neighbouring countries
Contract: Local fixed term contract until December 2017. No expatriate benefits.
Probation period: 3 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Areas of responsibility
- Manage the employees and the daily operations at the country office
- Strategic leadership of the country office
- Innovation, program development, method development and fundraising
- Program / project management in Somalia
- Platform role, method development and context analysis
- Capacity-building including eLearning
- Finance, HR, Risk and Security Management
- Build and maintain relationships between stakeholders in Somalia
- Represent Forum Syd in Somalia
- University degree (preferably a Masters) in development, social studies, program management or similar.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of program/project management
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of management of staff
- Profound contextual knowledge of Somalia
- Proven expertise in Rights Based Approach
- Global mindset
- Ability to work independently
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work in high risk and complex context
- Experience in working in a conflict context
- Proven experience on security management
- Good command of oral and written English
- Willingness to travel within Somalia and neighbouring countries
- Basic knowledge of Somali language
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic and operational skills
- Results and goal oriented
- Analytical skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to emerging trends
- Situational leadership
- Ability to Network, create arid maintain good rapport with partners / stakeholders
Visit our website http://www.forumsyd.org/ for the full job and person profiles
Qualified women and men alike are encouraged to apply for this position.
Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV (max 4 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) including the following Summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position, state current or past monthly salary and monthly expectation
Send the application to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading Country Manager Somalia) not later than 9th October 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is a local position with local salaries and benefits