Position: Administration Manager
Position: Administration Manager
Location: Nairobi Officer
Reports To: Kenya Country Director
Supervises: Office Assistants
Length of Contract: 1 year RenewablePurpose:
- To develop and manage the human resource systems for World Relief Kenya, in order to help support smooth organizational functioning and effective programs. The position will makesignificant contribution to the Leadership. This includes promoting Christian values and careful stewardship of human/material resources entrusted to the organization.
- Suggestions and input in planning and long term strategy will be a part of the participation.
- To implement and manage the logistics and administration departments including IT, communications, storage, transport, flight coordination, asset inventory and budgeting/cost controls. Supervise department staff of drivers, logisticians, office assistants and support staff and Conduct performance evaluations.
- To provide administrative support to the WR Kenya and its Leadership Team ensuring internal communication, record keeping, IT and other essential systems for operations are maintained in a manner consistent with World Relief values & principles.
- Organize and lead personnel recruitment, documentation, orientation, processing, and review procedures.
- Ensure organizational understanding and compliance with Kenyan tax and labour laws
- Establish and develop World Relief human resources standard operating procedures
- Facilitate team building and personnel development through goal setting, trainings, conflict resolution etc.
- Assist with the development, communication and implementation of staff policies and procedures, including the employee manual, employee contracts, Job descriptions and other related documents.
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters such as rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with the work.
- Provide counsel to the management team on salary and related benefits
- Management of staff leaves, breaks and other movements
- Oversee the HR department and supervise any staff herein and upkeep of the HR database and employee files in the Nairobi office.
Recruitment and Compensation:
- Work with Country Director to coordinate recruitment of qualified personnel in keeping with National Labour laws and World Relief guidelines
- Direct advertising for vacant positions in a timely manner for all countries/ programs supported from Nairobi.
- Lead interviewing processes for all programs supported from the Nairobi office
- Research on salary and benefits to ensure salary competitive edge in the hiring market, in keeping with World Relief budget limitations
- Liaise with and support Home Office in recruitment processes and other HR matters.
Orientation and Documentation:
- Coordinate orientation for each local new hire, including an orientation to the organization mission, program and structure, procedures, personnel policies, job tasks and related tax and labor laws
- Ensure that clear job descriptions and contracts exist for all positions, and included responsibilities, delegated authority and measurable results expected.
- Lead periodical review of the HR manual to ensure compliance with developing labor laws.
- Ensure that each new hire is enrolled to the Medical cover and NHIF and is provided with an employment card.
- Work with the Finance department ensure each new hire is enrolled in NSSF contribution program and enters the tax system by getting a PIN number
Performance Reviews and Problem Solving:
- Develop and implement a schedule for end of probation and annual evaluations of staff performance.
- Ensure end of probation confirmation letters are provided to each staff member
- Provide advisory support to the leadership in relation to handling of employee grievances and disciplinary matters.
- Travel to the field, as needed to train and meet with personnel to address HR issues.
- Ensure proper tracking of resignation, disciplinary action and/or termination letters
- Ensure that exit interviews are conducted and documented for all departing staff.
- Provide guidance on implementation of Performance Management Systems in the organization
- Provide HR training to managers and supervisors
- Develop and implement HR Strategy plan to support overall organization development and monitor and review HR related audit recommendations
- Oversee implementation of staff benefits, safety programs, employee relations and compensation with respective supervisors.
Personnel Development & Team-Building:
- Working with supervisors, ensure that each WC staff member complete personal development goals that include personal and professional growth
- Assess training needs among staff and initiate/facilitate training events, as appropriate.
- Supervise Prayer and Discipleship coordination for all staff (field and country offices)
- Prepare monthly payroll for staff in the country program.
- In liaison with the Finance department, monitor and ensure prompt monthly returns on staff advances, NSSF,NHIF, PAYE and HELB & SACCO loan repayments
- Check and maintain personnel files for all staff, ensuring all documentation is complete
- Collect and maintain information on commercial, private and inter agency training schedules and institutions (Course schedules, curricula and cost) and propose relevant training to appropriate staff.
- Respond to routine/records human resource queries from staff
- Provide guidance to World Relief on Kenyan tax and labor laws, and ensure organizational compliance.
- Review existing World Relief Kenya hiring guidelines and the Human Resources Standard Operating Procedures for World Relief Kenya.
- Ensure managers understand vehicle use policy and it is enforced to all drivers
- Manage the purchasing and acquisition of goods and services needed by the project in multiple locations, for continuous operation of relief and development activities.
- Primary contact point with vendors. Obtain price quotes. Negotiate, write, and manage contracts. Write and manage Purchase Orders. Manage competitive bidding. Assist users in finding potential sources and cost estimates for required materials.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with various government departments essential to the purchase and importation (and licensing where applicable) of all essential project goods and supplies.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all office operations and project equipment and its source/purchase. Insurance cover and maintenance/repair issues are properly addressed.
- Supervise the network administrator to ensure smooth functioning of network communications, v-sat connectivity, email services, help desk response, pc/printer troubleshooting and telecommunications systems.
- Ensure that the information management systems and processes meet the needs of the country programs, regional office, and WR HO.
- Coordinate communications for the country program. Periodically evaluate communication needs to ensure timely & relevant communication with all staff.
- Compile minutes of the Leadership Team and disseminate to the appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Personal assistant to the Kenya Country Director. Participate in morning briefings, schedule appointments, handle correspondence, special projects, and other duties as delegated.
- Supervise the office interns, reception function, cleaning staff and office assistants Responsible for facilities to ensure they are operational, safe & that public spaces reflect good stewardship.
- Primary contact with Landlord concerning all matters pertaining to facilities maintenance & upkeep.
- Ensure office is opened and closed according to established guidelines.
- Coordinate staff social events, retreats and staff meetings
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Relevant University degree
- Higher diploma in Human Resource Management/Supply chain management.
- Over 5 years experience in Human Resource field in NGO circles
- Working knowledge of Kenyan tax and labor laws
- Ability to organize work, manage multiple responsibilities and work as a part of a team
- Good written/oral communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who demonstrates the ability to initiate and prioritize work activities
- Demonstrates servant leadership, compassion, integrity and the ability to address and resolve conflict
- Confidentiality is a major requirement for this position.
- Experience in counseling and/or personnel care
- Experience working in a conflict setting
- Excellent people skills.
- Fulfill functions as listed above.
- Accuracy and utility of financial activities
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts in a mutually respectful manner
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude.
- Position will include travel to the field
- Position at times requires long hours in a demanding environment
- The position is based in the WR office in Nairobi.
- WR has a multi-ethnic and multicultural work environment.
- The office is open Monday-Friday between 8.00 am – 5.00pm.
Applications should be sent not later than 5th October by email only to the Country Director World Relief Kenya firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for Administration Manager Position”