Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and alleviating human suffering.
The Society seeks to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Regional Logistics Officer
Job Location: Isiolo, Kisumu, Eldoret & Nakuru
Overall Purpose: Responsible to the Regional Manager for developing strategic plans and budgets for responsive distribution and transportation system to ensure timely delivery of materials, goods and supplies within the Region and Branches according to order specifications aimed at supporting programme implementation.
Other responsibilities include effective maintenance and repair of the Society’s fleet of motor vehicles and related machinery to ensure optimum utilization of motor vehicles.
Also responsible for investigating motor-vehicle accidents, providing estimates for repair and maintenance costs as well as following up with garages and insurance companies to ensure the availability of high quality motor-vehicle transport fleet.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategic plan and budget for the acquisition, repair and maintenance of the Society’s fleet of motor-vehicles and related equipment in order to ensure efficiency and economy of operations.
- Develop and implement adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous review of logistic operations
- Coordinate the implementation of a computerised transport fleet management information system aimed at maintaining motor-vehicle inventory as well as monitoring, tracking and controlling operating costs.
- Coordinate loading of materials, goods and supplies from the headquarter warehousing and storage for distribution according to order specifications
- Coordinate deployment of motor-vehicle drivers to provide efficient and safe transportation as well as obtain optimum use of transport resources.
- Initiate investigations into causes of accidents in conjunction with traffic police, examine and inspect motor-vehicles to identify extent of damage, evaluate and estimate repair costs and recommending appropriate action
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of motor-vehicles in authorized garages against approved requisitions. Also follow up to ensure that motor-vehicles are repaired to the highest standards of quality and within budget limitations
- Analyze monthly motor-vehicle returns and maintain a record on fuel and oil consumption, repairs and maintenance as well as accidents and safety.
- Develop, coordinate and implement the registration, insurance and licensing of motor vehicle transport systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent qualifications plus membership to a relevant professionally body in Transport Fleet Management
- Over three (3) years experience in logistics and transport management
- Knowledge of a computerized Fleet Management Information System.
- Proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet applications and computerized procurement and stores software packages
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 14th September 2016.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.