The Position: Transport / Logistics Manager
The Role: To ensure that the driving school vehicles are allocated adequately, get to their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost-effective way.
- Planning routes and drivers scheduling for driving students.
- Booking in new students for exams and road tests while liaising with all stake holders in traffic.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the school’s transport planning system.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Directing all training and road test activities.
- Developing training relationships.
- Monitoring training costs.
- Negotiating and bargaining driving school’s prices.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring the school’s carbon footprint.
Travel: occasionally required, though not a regular feature of the working day.
Working hours: flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business as working hours vary, with long hours and possibly shifts including weekends common.
Location: Mainly in Nairobi and other towns within the county.
- Open to non-graduates and graduates of any discipline.
- Must have a clean driving license
- Must be at least 30 years old and above
- Must be able to manage fleet of cars, fuel, schedule and maintenance of all the vehicles