Vacancy: Systems Administrator
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Who are we?
Cellulant is a digital payments business. We run an ecosystem of consumers, merchants and banks in which we facilitate payments and build value through the value-added services we layer on top.
Our true competitive advantage lies in the ecosystem we are building – if we do a good job over the next few years, it will be the glue* that will connect everyone to everything – every consumer to every business in Africa.
We will glue together hundreds of thousands of businesses to an increasingly significant number of mobile consumers. Face of success shall be 100m active consumers spending $50-$100 on a few hundred thousand businesses connected to our payments ecosystem.
We aim to be Africa’s number 1 mobile commerce ecosystem by 2016.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team. We invite you to be part of that growth by submitting your application to the following role.
The System Administrator role is to ensure that all Cellulant Operating System Stack & External application/Tools are Optimized and Maintain uptime as per Cellulant's SLA. This role ensures the integrity of Cellulant’s Systems.
- Systems Design, Planning & Setup.
- Capacity Planning
- Systems Architecture Design
- Systems Setup, tuning & Configurations
- System resilience & Failover Design & Planning
- Systems backup
- Catalogue System backups
- Scheduling of backups
- Verifying & Testing of Backups
- System monitoring.
- Setup & Configuring Systems monitoring tools
- Administration of the Monitoring tools
- Systems Utilization & Capacity Monitoring
- Systems SLA tracking
- System Replication, fail over and redundancy.
- Replication verification
- Schedule replications
- Perform Systems failover Drills
- Setup Systems Redundancy
- System Documentation.
- Maintain Systems Inventory
- Systems Architecture Diagrams
- Maintain & Review Old documentations
- Systems configuration Documentation
- Systems tool documentation
- Design, Planning & Setup of Virtual Environment
- Planning of virtualization platform
- Setup of virtualization platform
- Administration of virtual platform
- Defining and implementing Policies and Procedures.
- Define & implement Systems Design policy
- Define & implement Systems Setup policy
- Define & implement Systems Access Policy
- Define & implement Systems Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Systems troubleshooting & problem resolution.
- Fault diagnosis
- Problem resolution
- Liaise with service providers for problem resolution
- Follow up on Systems Reason for Outage with MNO’s & Partners
Who are you?
Education and Experience
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or related fields of study.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Linux Systems Administration environment.
- Exposure in design and Capacity Planning for Web Service Systems Environment.
- Experience in backend Shell Scripting e.g. Bash, SH, TSH e.t.c
- Experience in Managing and administration of at least 1 database systems e.g. MySql (Prefered), Oracle, Postgresql, SQlite, MS-SQL e.t.c
- Experience in data and database design standards and processes
- Experience in customer engagement and Issue resolution.
- Experience in Office Tools for Reporting, publishing and presentation preparation. In depth understanding of spreadsheet manipulation and reporting.
What do we offer you?
When working at Cellulant*, you can expect to work on a diverse range of problems, with inspiring and creative colleagues.
You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development, and we highly value continuous learning.
We offer you a challenging position in which you will be rewarded for performance.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
The selection process entails an oral interview stage, followed by a case study presentation and a final interview.
The deadline for application is 2nd September 2016.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
Visit our website at www.cellulant.comPlease do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0202606696.