Our client is seeking to recruit qualified, self-driven, innovative, energetic and go getter professionals to be part of its great team.
The positions up for grabs include:
Number of positions: 1
Number of positions: 1
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Makes intra- and inter-campus deliveries of requested surplus office furniture and merchandise; maintains records of all deliveries.
- Fills supply requisitions; assists engineers to order adequate merchandise and supplies; delivers orders to customer sites where needed.
- Ships canceled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Delivers assist in sets up furniture for various campus events as requested.
- Handles and documents storage and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus property.
- Trains and directs the work of student assistants.
- May serve as a lead worker to other classified staff in the area.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Diploma in Stores Management from a recognized polytechnic institution
- Two years increasingly responsible experience working in warehouse and storage operations
- ABILITY TO: Perform general storekeeping and warehouse duties; maintain accurate manual and computer records; perform physical labor; understand and carry out oral and written instructions proficiency in English is important; drive a forklift; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- KNOWLEDGE OF: Modern warehouse procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials; basic stock inventory procedures; requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, freight tags, and the use and meaning of each; computerized warehouse record keeping systems.
If you meet the said requirements please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to: (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES)
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 2nd September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview