Vacancy: Sourcing & Development Manager
Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking a long-term commitment from an experienced professional for a leadership role on the Supply Chain team in supplier sourcing and development.
The successful candidate will bring in-depth knowledge of supplier process capabilities and capacity, different engineering processes and technologies, and process cost drivers.
Further, this role requires mastery of different materials and how to maintain updated market intelligence for those materials.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing Leadership: Lead supplier development process and cost management for Mobius vehicles, constantly driving to quality, cost, delivery, and flexibility improvements in sourcing development.
- Sourcing Strategy: Manage supplier selection mapped against design requirements, supported by robust evaluation of supplier capacity and capabilities, as well as supplier relationship dynamics and potential.
- Sourcing Process Management: Supervise end-to-end process for identifying, negotiating, and sign-off of suppliers including NDA, cost finalization, project delivery sign-off for samples and production parts.
- Product Development Support: Lead structured development activities across processes, including forging, machining, casting, fabrication, proprietary assembly, etc. and across multiple raw materials and parts, including sheet metal, rubber, plastics and polymers, composite parts, fasteners, electrical, electro-mechanical.
- Zero-Based Costing: Supervise zero-based costing analysis for parts and tooling, factoring in raw materials, machine hour rates, etc. with responsibility for direct materials spending and cost control.
- Supplier Optimization: Conduct spend analytics, supplier landscape study, and business dynamics analysis to identify alternate sources, develop global sourcing strategy, and lead strategic cost management; identify opportunities for rationalization of parts and or supplier base.
- Cost Optimization: Develop and execute detailed plan for cost innovation based on value analysis/value engineering and adoption of other technologies; conduct price control audit prior to any 4M change to ensure supply reliability.
- Long-Term Strategy: Support development of strategic plan for longer-term outsourcing, vendor co-location, and backwards integration.
- Team Management: Guide and mentor team in sourcing and supplier relationship management, cost evaluation techniques, price monitoring, supplier performance monitoring.
- System and Process Development: Build, implement, and maintain supporting tools and processes, such as supply chain manual, supplier portal, supplier capacity-building, supplier quality management.
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Align sourcing activities with other Mobius teams including procurement, logistics, warehousing, production, and finance, ensuring effective communication and positive team impact.
An ideal candidate should have a track record of academic and professional achievement and demonstrate a broad understanding of finance and accounting concepts with a strong passion for Mobius’ business.
They should combine expertise in finance, economics and analytics with exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as on-the-ground pragmatism.
- A graduate-level engineer with experience in Supply Chain Management or any other related field
- 10+ years related experience in managing Strategic Sourcing, Global Sourcing, LCC Sourcing preferably in the Automotive Industry
- Excellent in analytics with practical approach in decision-making and logistics
- Strong technical knowledge of, and experience with, different technologies, materials, and processes
- Management experience, with strong teamwork and leadership skills, and ability to independently take actions to drive towards sourcing development aligned with project goals
- Excellent problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning from data, and draw valid conclusions; ability to apply conceptual thinking but also willingness to learn and get involved in details
- Excellent oral, negotiation and written communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Exceptional persistence and endurance to overcome significant challenges
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving the Mobius vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Experience in ERP environment (Oracle, JDE, SAP or any open-source platform ERPs)
- Formal knowledge in EACCMA Custom laws is added advantage to handle the role successfully
- Knowledge of export-import laws of India and other Asian countries
- Experience in supply chain environment with knock-down (SKD/CKD) operations
- Cross-cultural management experience
Application through http://www.mobiusmotors.com/join-us/