Duma Works is recruiting a Restaurant and Bar Manager for one of our clients; one of the leading hotels in Kenya.
- To arrive for work on time dressed in full clean uniform, name badge, well groomed and presenting a professional appearance to our guests.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the Bar & Restaurant Department in line with company standards of Procedures, predetermined budgets and all relevant legislation.
- Training & Development of the Bar & Restaurant Team using relevant techniques and ensuring all training is documented.
- Employee Relations & Performance Management of the Bar & Restaurant Team with the assistance of the HR Department.
- To be aware of the day’s business in all Departments within the Hotel.
- Management of the departments staffing levels/holidays in line with departmental budgets.
- Supervise the activities of all Bar & Restaurant team to ensure all team members are aware of their responsibilities and are performing all duties to a consistently high standard.
- The Management of all stock levels within the Department in line with Departmental Budgets
- To work with the Head Chef and Senior Managers on menu planning through monitoring of food sales and introducing new menu ideas.
- Management of cash handling procedures of department in accordance with company policy.
- To communicate our services and facilities to guests as required.
- To be aware and ensure compliance with all company policy’s regarding: Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, Food Hygiene, and Customer Care & Security.
- To read, understand and comply with your responsibilities/Management of your team’s as defined in the Health & Safety Statement and Staff Handbook.
- To liaise with all other Heads of Departments and Duty Managers to ensure high quality of service is achieved at all times.
- To work in conjunction with the General Manager & Deputy General Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department and overall Business.
- Duty Manager shifts as required.
- Attendance at all Operational Meetings
- To attend meeting/training sessions as required.
- To assist in the training and assistance of a new staff member.
- To carry out any other reasonable request made by Management.
- During peak times it may be necessary to work in other similar related departments.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Experience in managing a startup restaurant at the level of a manager
- Must be a team player, show responsibility and initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage deliverables, and communicate effectively with team members
- Focus on results and have a strong work ethic.
- Good presentation skills and etiquette.
- A confident and determined approach.
- Fluency in English and Swahili both written and spoken.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behaviour.
- Computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2314”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2314, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. any Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th August 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.