Vacant Position: Project Officer
Movement Against Child Trafficking (MACT), is a community based non-profit organisation, that works in close partnership with the relevant government departments and other CSOs, with the aim of preventing and protecting children from trafficking and sexual exploitation.
General duties and responsibilities: The Project Officer will therefore manage all project activities in partnership with MACT members and other strategic actors.
Applicants must fulfill all of the following general requirements in addition to the profile-specific requirements listed below:
- At least a Diploma Certificate in social work, project management or community development
- Demonstrated interest and experience in child protection especially on child trafficking issues (e.g. through analytical publication, work experience, volunteer engagement) in informal settlements
- Demonstrated resource mobilization and relevant work experience of at least 1 year is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and prioritize work tasks
In addition to the general requirements outlined above, the applicant must fulfill the following profile-specific requirements:
- At least 1 year of professional and project management experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience in writing reports for donors and internal audiences
- At least 1 year of professional experience in developing project proposals and concept notes
- Ability to facilitate strategic thinking with colleagues and partners
- Professional experience of managing relationships with community, financial and technical partners is considered a strong asset.
A successful candidate will:
- Identify with MACT’s vision of a society where children are safe from trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- Enjoy integrating into a dedicated, dynamic and multi-cultural team
- Want to make his/her contribution to protecting and responding to cases of child trafficking in Nairobi County and beyond
- Value dialogue processes, local perspectives, policy development and the principle of local ownership
- Be motivated to closely collaborate with MACT member organizations
- Be eager to learn more about child trafficking and sexual exploitation
- Be a critical thinker
Please note: MACT values diversity among its staff and aims at achieving greater gender parity and diversity in all levels of its work. We welcome applications from women and men.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates to submit a complete curriculum vitae, a copy of a project report that you recently wrote and a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why did you choose your field of study/education/profession?
- Why do you choose to apply specifically to MACT?
- Why are you interested in child trafficking?
- What kind of projects have you fundraised for in the past?
- And from which donors?
- Which informal settlements have you worked in within Nairobi?
- And what kind of work were you doing?
- What do you want to learn through working with MACT?
- How much will you want to earn?
- What is your availability?
Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY candidates short-listed for interviews will be notified.
This call will remain open until 2nd September, 2016.
Early applications are encouraged!