The National Empowerment Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK) is a national network that unites people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those affected by TB and AIDS through community based organizations and non-governmental organizations including PLHIV networks.
NEPHAK works in partnership with line government structures and like-minded civil society organizations to improve community health in Kenya.
Qualified and experienced professionals are being looked for to join NEPHAK team in the following positions:
Specify either Navakholo or Butere Sub-Counties of Kakamega County
The position is responsible for providing support to program/project implementation for impact; implementation of programme activities per sub-county; interaction with SCHMTs and CHVs; and dissemination of relevant information to supervisors and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Programme Officer, the Programme Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Ensure quality reports are received from CHVs
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure quality reporting
- Organize and attend various meetings in the sub-counties
- Liaise with SCASCOs and CASCOs to conduct and coordinate HIV activities in the region
- Ensure timely reporting of all activities conducted
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies
Level of Education
- Diploma in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or any related fields desirable.
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Additional qualifications in Development related subjects will be an added advantage.
- Experience in community participatory methodologies
- Experience working in tuberculosis and HIV programming fields
- At least two (2) years in a similar position.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build trust among partners and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong information technology skills.
NEPHAK Working Conditions
The positions involve frequent travel by the jobholder to visit member organizations and project sites and the travel may at times involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and difficult circumstances.
There may be periods that require the jobholder to work odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV to
NEPHAK National Secretariat,
3rd Floor, Wood Avenue Court, Wood Avenue,
off Lenana/Argwings Kodhek Roads.
P. O. Box 75654 00200
and/or email: email@example.com
(indicate clearly the position applied for in Subject line of the email)
by Friday 26th August 2016.
NEPHAK is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.