We are looking for candidates to fill the following position in our esteemed organisation:
Procurement Officer / Buyer
Primary Purpose of the Job
- To proactively manage part of the procurement function.
- To process and collate all supplier information and documentation accurately and timeously while maintaining effective control over all suppliers and adhering to company policies, procedures and general accounting practices.
- To maintain an efficient administration function.
Level of Authority: Has the authority to execute all Key Performance Areas as stated on this form.
Education / Experience / Qualifications / Skill Requirements
- Minimum Form 4.
- Diploma / and Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management. Should be a member of relevant professional body i.e. Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
Job related work experience
- 2-3 years contract management and/or procurement specific experience.
- Experience in evaluation of commercial and technical risks.
- Knowledge of value chain analysis.
- Knowledge of total cost analysis.
- Strategic Sourcing knowledge and experience.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal communication in order to sell and motivate concepts to clients, management and suppliers.
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Cost modelling proficiency.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills and agreement structuring.
- Client focus and teaming ability.
- Influencing and persuasion.
- Conflict resolution.
Key Performance Areas
- Negotiate, implement and manage contracts, service level agreements, procurement policies and procedures across DSFM’s client base.
- Facilitate the use of appropriate procurement technology and reporting.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in retaining client contracts through effective procurement and supply chain management.
- Conduct structured sessions with Account Executives, First Line Managers and Client to get buy-in and participation in strategic sourcing programs.
- Identify areas where opportunities for savings exist.
- Participate in weekly departmental meetings.
- Conduct meetings with suppliers regarding performance levels, savings initiatives and collaborative measures.
- Establish and facilitate cross-client focus workshops to generate savings ideas and to share learning.
- Advise the Procurement Manager on cross-client sourcing potential.
- Facilitate internal Total Cost of Ownership reduction initiatives.
- Identify key economic parameters relevant to commodities in category and monitor their trends.
- Scrutinize critical contracts and restructure agreements to generate savings.
- Facilitate all critical contract related discussions.
- Manage tender process and evaluate vendor quotes.
Site Specific Objectives
- Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Standards
- Adhere to the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Management System’s Policies & Procedures of as applicable to this position.
- Any reasonable action requested by management.
The following primary competencies are required for effective job performance:
- Proactive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Customer Service Centric.
- Team and project focused.
- Ability to use own initiative and to operate with minimal management support.
Email your application and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 2nd September 2016