World Food Programme (WFP)
Vacancy Announcement No:RBN/014/2016
Grade: Service Contract, SC4 (G4 equivalent)
Duty Station: WFP Regional Bureau for East & Central Africa, Nairobi
Salary: As per UN Service Contract Salary Bands
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the position of Procurement Assistant in support of the Regional Bureau office, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Regional Bureau provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by technical training/certificate in business studies or related field.
Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible working experience in Procurement (Food and/or Goods & Services), including some experience in finance, audit, or other related fields.
At least one year at G3 level or equivalent.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
Desirable skills: Training and/or experience using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and outlook.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications ONLY, according to the following procedures:
Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0022017
Step 1: Create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 2 September 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any queries relating to this VA please send them to: email@example.com
WFP does not charge fees at any stage during the recruitment process.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.