PI Knowledge Management and Gatekeeping Specialist
Based in Bungoma, Kenya
We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania.
In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 200,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Within Kenya, the Product Innovations department conducts a large number of research trials each year that contribute new knowledge, drive the development of new products and services, and directly inform program decisions.
We are seeking a driven and highly professional individual to lead all knowledge management activities within the Product Innovations department and also serve as the gatekeeper to coordinate engagement with all other departments within the organization.
This is a rural-based position in Bungoma.
- Liaise with staff across the department on a frequent basis to develop a deep understanding of all department activities being conducted and remain up-to-date on activities at all times
- Lead all knowledge management within the department, including:
1. Developing weekly and quarterly summaries of all department activities
2. Synthesizing trial reports and outcomes for a variety of audiences
3. Managing all internal recordkeeping and organization of trial outcomes and reports
4. Managing frequent uploads of all trial reports and materials to the organization Intranet
5. Managing sharing of trial reports and materials with other teams and departments
- Serve as the department “gatekeeper” and the primary liaison to coordinate activities with all other departments
1. Maintaining department calendars to track all project activities
2. Attending weekly gatekeeper meetings to update all teams on department activities
3. Continually tracking and following up as needed on all department activities related to implementation, logistics, procurement, and any other trial support
4. Leading engagement with other teams for coordination of large scale (Phase 3) trials
- Organize weekly staff meetings, brown bag lunch sessions, and other knowledge sharing opportunities
- Organize and support trainings and capacity building activities for team members to enhance skills and knowledge across the department
- Organize regular sessions to share trial outcomes and discuss department strategy
- University degree; Master’s preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to keep track of a very large number of complex projects at the same time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong relationship-building and teamwork skills, including the ability to work well and collaborate with many different people
- Excellent writing ability, in particular the ability to write clear and concise summaries of activities and communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to verbally communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Strong computer skills, including with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Some knowledge of data management and strong skills interpreting and presenting data
- Some experience with agricultural trials preferred
- Some experience in developing and maintaining an effective knowledge management system for a complex organization preferred
- Ability to innovate and improve processes for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Proficient in both Kiswahili and English
- Humility, teamwork, and a passionate dedication to helping improve the lives of smallholder farmers
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the PI Knowledge Management and Gatekeeping Specialist and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by September 12th
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed.
At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position